Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #31

Re: Gym, Exercise and diets :)

Jac, seriously I am not knocking how well you have done. I would hope that the point of this thread is regardless what type of exercise we do the important issue is that we ARE exercising

I am still having the odd glass of wine as well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #32

Are you implying that I'm not? Only I'm not doing it the conventional way, and yes I'm making big progress with inches, BMI and weight. Lets face it in one month a pound!! we all know muscle is heavier than fat. I'm fair proud.
12 1/2 inches all over my body. What can I say?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #33

I'm not really dieting, just reducing the amounts of what I ordinarily eat and not snacking on so much rubbish (sushi instead of chocolate )!!!

As I was approaching drinking a bottle of wine a night I have cut out some of the booze - but only because I was getting a tad worried about how much I was putting away. Don't miss it that much to be honest

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Are you implying that I'm not? Only I'm not doing it the conventional way, and yes I'm making big progress with inches, BMI and weight. Lets face it in one month a pound!! we all know muscle is heavier than fat. I'm fair proud.
12 1/2 inches all over my body. What can I say?
No I am not implying that at all. My point is that YOU ARE exercising, whether it be walking the dogs, classes, curves, housework, running, the gym it is ALL exercise.

My choice is the gym and the odd exercise DVD, other people will enjoy a different type of exercise, nobody is right or wrong Jac, everybody has to find what works for them.

I have heard very good reports about Curves, (not about Ladyshapers the one I visited - but I think they are some sort of offshoot from Curves, perhaps even a local copycat of them).

When I started this thread it wasn't about going down the gym, it is about people getting active, whatever form that takes.

Hopefully all of us Jac posting in this thread might just encourage some other members to take up some exercise.

Catsey Veteran

22-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #35

In addition to doing my callanetics tape yesterday morning I then went down to the gym in the evening and did 30 mins on the x-trianer (330 cals burnt) and 20 minutes of rapid walking up a steep incline on the treadmill (220 cals burnt) AND a circuit of the weights.

And boy am I feeling it this morning!

BUT - the fat rolls are diminishing extremely quickly, far quicker than I thought they would and I feel really energised and happy

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic Short hair
Steph is Male
05-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #36

Well done everyone. I`m clinically obese and rupturing my tendon didn`t help but I am getting back to the gym again now. Cardio vascular stuff is great but don`t forget the weights work either-lean muscle burns fat very efficiently and ladies do not have the testosterone to get `muscle bound`

And try some courses if your gym offers them as inclusive-I never fancied Body combat/Body pump but yoga and pilates are great.

And after a hard session what can be nicer than a swim,sauna,steam and a few minutes in the jakuzzi?..

And only 4 weeks and three days before we are off to be pampered at Ragdale Hall

http://www.ragdalehall.co.uk/

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #37

Nice to see you here Steph - look forward to hearing how your road to fitness progresses!

I'm doing weights too - I have the beginnings of bingo wings which means much work is needed to tone the top 1/2 of my arms. Additionally, a rather botched c-section 2 years ago has left me with damaged tummy muscles which, if I'm honest I doubt will be rescued by anything other than a tummy tuck

My gym does classes also. I'm seriously considering the body pump - mainly because it's an early morning weekend course and that fits in with OH's lie in watching kiddie TV with the juniors!

Your pampering weekend sounds luuurrrvly. I'm hoping for something similar for our 10th wedding anniversary in Sept (yeah right)!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic Short hair
Steph is Male
05-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #38

Your pampering weekend sounds luuurrrvly. I'm hoping for something similar for our 10th wedding anniversary in Sept (yeah right)!!

It`s not the weekend-we arrive Sunday for three nights. And unless money is no object do look around for offers-that`s one advantage of Jen being self employed. We just wait for the right offer and usually there is time to re-arrange work to take advantage.

And hey-once or twice a year is fun

Catsey Veteran

03-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #39

Time to bring this up to date.

Still going the gym 3-4 times a week, really enjoying it. The gym I go to has just had a bit refurb with all new cardio, weight, circuit series equipment. They also have two power plates which I have started to use.

How is everybody else doing?

Catsey Veteran

03-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #40

What are power plates Emma?

I'm still going strong here, as mentioned in the other thread the diet has gone a bit awry which means the exercise is probably not as effective as it could be. Back to a healthy diet methinks, and a few more early morning starts doing my exercise tape at home!

I have started doing classes, commencing a few weeks ago with body pump; weights to music, which was brilliant.

Today I did Legs, Bums and Tums which really turned out to be an overall toning class, including arms and shoulders. Lots of short, sharp bursts of intense muscle work, using block, step and mat. I'm feeling it already!

So my weekly balance now consists of 1.5 hours overall cardio (uphill treadmill walking + x-trainer), 1 to 2 one hour classes and some mat work and weights machines on my own.

I have given it until Easter next year (so approx a year of visiting the gym). If my flabby tummy hasn't gone by then I will be seriously considering some surgery . . . funds permitting!!