Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
19-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #21

Re: Gym, Exercise and diets :)

Wow arn't you ALL doing well.

I have joined a gym called Curves. You work out for 30 mins. They recomend three visis a week. At the moment I'm going 5 times (well what's half an hour?). Its a mixture of machines and cardio.
I have been going 5 weeks. I have lost 2 1/2 inches from each thigh, 2 inches from my waist, 1 3/4 from my abdomen and 1 inch from the top of each arm. Oh yeh and a pound in weight. Oops 2 inches from my bust.

If there is a Curves near you I would strongly advise you to join. There are no men allowed, No mirrors and NO licra!! hehe. I normaly go with Mum but she's away at the moment and has done just as well.

I get measured on the 2nd of the month so we will see what I have lost this month

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #22

Hi Jac,

You are doing really well, is Curves where you do x mins on one machine and a tape tells you to go to the next "station" where you do x mins and then move to the next station? Good that they don't allow any men in there!!!

I did a good workout today about 1,100 calories spread over 70 mins X trainer and 20 mins on the stepper. Then I did my weights on the weight resistance machines.

How are you getting on Yola??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #23

Everyone is getting fit, whereas I am getting fat!!! Oh well....

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #24

How about an exercise DVD Donna ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Everyone is getting fit, whereas I am getting fat!!! Oh well....
Donna - I just got very fed up of getting fat. Couldn't get into my white summer combats which fitted really easily last year and that gave me the prod I needed to get going (I was actually sat on the floor in tears trying to wriggle into these things )

But once you make the decision to start it becomes very satisfying when you see all the effort beginning to work. Your low carb dieting really worked, why not try that again with some exercise thrown in? As Emma said, it's not only about loosing weight it's about getting fit too

My assessment was a bit of a frustration tbh. Some teenage girl 'personal trainer' who really didn't have much of a clue about my goals and even less interest in them

Still - I know how to use the machines; cardio and weights and will develop my own plan that will kind of align with hers but one that I know will work for me.

Jac - that gym sounds brilliant! I was a member of one like that in the mid-90s . . . you moved from machine to machine and then did cardio and classes.

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #26

Emma that's the one!!
It's 30 seconds on each station which doesn't sound a lot but believe me it is. It's a large circle with a machine then a cardio mat, machine cardio mat. You do three circuits which is half an hour. They say it's the equivalent of 1 1/2 hours at a conventional gym. The machines are hydraulic, so the harder you work them the harder it is.
My BMI has come down as well but I cant remember by how much.

The biggest thing for me is it's all ages, all sizes and we have a laugh as well. A couple of weeks ago we were to exercise in our pyjamas, a pyjama party . Yes I wore mine!! What a hoot. It helped to break the ice as well. Of course I took it one step further and wore rollers in my hair and added a face pack.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG

I did a good workout today about 1,100 calories spread over 70 mins X trainer and 20 mins on the stepper. Then I did my weights on the weight resistance machines.

How are you getting on Yola??

Wow - Emma I'm impressed I probably won't be going to the gym again until later in the week but each morning I'm up at 5.45 to do my toning exercises and they're really working! Thighs no longer rub together when I walk and tummy's noticably flatter

If I get a moment I'm going to see if I can look out the Calanetics DVD (or similar) on Amazon as I need some more control-type exercises rather than the aerobic ones.

I think at the gym I'm going to focus mainly on cardio for the moment with some occasional weights for general toning. I'm also going to do either the early morning Saturday or Sunday (8.30am ) body pump class which is weights, mat work and movement.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Donna - I just got very fed up of getting fat. Couldn't get into my white summer combats which fitted really easily last year and that gave me the prod I needed to get going (I was actually sat on the floor in tears trying to wriggle into these things )

But once you make the decision to start it becomes very satisfying when you see all the effort beginning to work. Your low carb dieting really worked, why not try that again with some exercise thrown in? As Emma said, it's not only about loosing weight it's about getting fit too

My assessment was a bit of a frustration tbh. Some teenage girl 'personal trainer' who really didn't have much of a clue about my goals and even less interest in them

Still - I know how to use the machines; cardio and weights and will develop my own plan that will kind of align with hers but one that I know will work for me.

Jac - that gym sounds brilliant! I was a member of one like that in the mid-90s . . . you moved from machine to machine and then did cardio and classes.
I just couldnt go to a gym, its just not a place I would feel comfortable going, plus the expense. I am saving up to get the kids a Nintendo Wii and see there is a fitness thing for it which might help if its fun... tried dvds too but they end up in the cupboard collecting dust.

I wont low carb again, I am sort of following a Weightwatchers diet I did a long time ago to watch what I eat but so far nothing has shifted!!

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #29

Well if you were impressed with 1,100 calories Yola how about 1,300 that was how much I actually did yesterday.

Today I took it a bit easier and only did just over 500, tomorrow I won't be going as I am going out to dinner with a friend. I will however be back in the gym on Thursday for another good workout.

Jac, they have got a similar gym near me but it is called Ladyshapers, I did have a look but I wanted a more conventional gym and decide what areas I want to work on. Also I love free weights. I am glad it is working very well for you.

Donna I am sure you will love the Wii - my SIL has one and the bowling etc is excellent, certainly gets you moving about. Also if you get the Wii fit there is loads more you can do.

So come on everybody who else is going some exercise

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #30

Yeh but......I'm not restricting food or DRINK Lol. I'm living the same as normal and loosing inches da da da da dh You know I'm playng , but I have changed nothing in my eating habits or my glasses of wine or vodka