Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
13-03-2006, 03:43 AM   #1

New Rule - Please Read.

After listening to user feedback we have decided to introduce a change about the posting of litter pictures/talk.

No pictures or mentions of litters to be posted on the forums apart from in a new (hidden) breeders-only section. There are a number of reasons for this rule. The first one is as a cat lovers site we can not allow ourselves to be abused by back yard breeders. As we grow they may see us as a 'soft spot' and 'advertise' their litters under the guise of sharing their pictures.

Genuine breeders can still share their pics but in the breeders section, and when our directory is live, breeders who have agreed to our breeders charter (which will aim to promote ethical breeding only) can get listed, and may post one thread per litter on the public board. If this is not agreeable there will be a blanket rule for all - no litter pics or mentions on the forum. Any health related concerns can still be posted in the health related sections (however these will be monitored for abuse).

You probably have some questions about this change, so here are a quick Q&As:

Q: What if I need to ask a health related question about my queen who is in labour?
A: You may still post health questions in the health forums.

Q: Can I not mention I am a breeder whilst answering a thread?
A: You can still mention the fact you are a breeder if it is relevant to the thread - we are mainly trying to stamp out anything which can be used as a litter advert.

Q: How do I get access to the Breeders forum?
A: Send me a PM with your details and, and I can switch the breeder forum on for you. However, please note the breeder forum is only temporary and will be closed when our directory is live. A new breeders section will then be created for only those listed in our (ethical) breeders directory.

-----------

If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me, if any keep coming up I will add them to this thread.

Thank you for reading this announcement and your continued support. We had a great 2005, and I hope these changes will help go towards us having an even better 2006!

Closed Thread