Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

Cats owned: 4 mix
micki is Male
22-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #11

Re: Inddor/Outdoor??

cats are smart, most of the time. if he wants a cat free garden he should get a dog. we've got a Greyhound and all the neighbourhood cats stay out of the back garden. theres only been 2 occasions when a cat has been brave ( or foolish).. then news went around the cat grapevine that "you dont go in there".. so if he doesnt like it get a dog... otherwise he should stop moanin about cats and get a life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #12

that beggars belief! What a sad man.. Must admit though did have a little giggle at the lady with the Coi Carp. Does Cassie have any relatives there mags

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #13

I feel sorry for people whose lives are so empty that they can get so exercised over something so trivial.
His energy would be better spent doing the things people have suggested to keep cats away.
I wonder how he copes with wild birds hopping in and flying over his garden? Do they all wear nappies?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
30-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #14

I have 'left' another cat site due to this issue. It was frequented mainly by Americans and they have crazy laws about keeping cats indoors. I totally accept and understand why some people need or wish to keep their cats indoor and do not judge as to why they may do so. However I do expect the same courtesy to be returned about why I wish to let my cats outside.
Many of the members of this other cat site where in total horror and disbelief that someone 'in this day and age' could let their cats outside and told me on many occasions that I was putting my cats lives at risk.
Strange that I have 2 eldely cats that are 14, along with 2 younger ones that risk their lives everyday by sleeping under trees, watching birds from the garden walls or chasing bugs and butterflies what a shocker !

What was/is more maddening that these so called cat lovers then decided de-clawing was a good idea for cats if they are to be kept indoors. In fact some landlords insists a tenant with a cat must have it declawed. FREAKS !!

Many vets in the US offer declawing as a service whilst a cat is being neutered or spayed

Anyway I'll get off my soapbox now.

Maybe they'll bring in some sort of law stopping birds from pooping in gardens too, hey with bird flu you never know with these freaky people

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
I have told them that I sat ALL my cats down and explained to them that they are not allowed to walk through that particular garden

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I feel sorry for people whose lives are so empty that they can get so exercised over something so trivial.
His energy would be better spent doing the things people have suggested to keep cats away.
I wonder how he copes with wild birds hopping in and flying over his garden? Do they all wear nappies?
HEHEHEHEEEEE!!! -

If he proposes fining cat owners whose cats foul, how does he prove the poo belonged to any individual cat?????????

SOG, I think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
30-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #17

Good grief, what a sad man to get so worked up about it. I notice never said that he'd tried various things to keep them out so I can only assume he is the type who never wants to spend money on something he doesn't see as his problem.

Duh!

And his 8 year old doesn't know he shouldn't pick up poo?!

Silly man.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggy Toms and a Princess
30-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #18

OMG - I notice this debate raged in the summer - so i truely hope the summer madness has passed !.

As for the woman with the Koi carp - a Koi pond is normally about 5 to 6 feet deep - so they must have some jolly big cats round her way

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #19

Actually NL there are STILL letters coming into the local paper about this issue!! People still getting enraged about cats coming into their gardens, and why should they be allowed to when we dont allow dogs too? Utter madness.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #20

Mags' Cassie has been known to bring home koi....