Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #11

Re: Aborting Kittnes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Could I just jump in here, before too much fur flies, and point out that the post was started by a very new member. I always think it's worth waiting a little while in such circumstances, to ensure we don't have the joy of a troll amongst us.
Just reminding you all.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
28-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #12

Far too many Elaine, its a disgrace. Tonight we have 3 lots of kittens and one adult cat for sale (mom to one of the kitten litters) One of the ads says "accidental" pregnancy, infuriates me, it really does. In the same pets column, there is FREE spaying and castration for all Cats in this area, (Cats protection) plus numbers for other areas too, there really is no excuse at all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
28-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #13

My tuppence? I honestly could not say what i would do in that situation, therefore i will do all i can to prevent it from ever becoming in such *does snipping motion*
I honestly would not like to be in the position of an unplanned litter and having to decide whether to end new life before its either been given a chance or not, then again you have to view the fact of how many established lives are ended due to lack of homes
Eeesh not a good place to be!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
I honestly would not like to be in the position of an unplanned litter and having to decide whether to end new life before its either been given a chance or not, then again you have to view the fact of how many established lives are ended due to lack of homes
Thats a good way of looking at it Luke, my choice would be to end a life before its begun, planned litters yes accidents unplanned no not for me. Spaying and neuturing is the only way forward.

Karen

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
01-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #15

Bit of a moral dilemma here. Is it purely the domain of pedigree breeders to flood the market with kittens? Are we saying here that basically all moggies should be spayed and not allowed to breed or if accidents happen they should be destroyed?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
01-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Far too many Elaine, its a disgrace. Tonight we have 3 lots of kittens and one adult cat for sale (mom to one of the kitten litters) One of the ads says "accidental" pregnancy, infuriates me, it really does. In the same pets column, there is FREE spaying and castration for all Cats in this area, (Cats protection) plus numbers for other areas too, there really is no excuse at all.
I don't want to get into an arguement about this again, but I do have to say that accidents can and do happen. No matter how careful you are or how responsible.....tom cats can find a way!!

I thought I had done all I could to protect Lily from straying toms and spent a fortune on cat-proofing the garden to try and give them the best of both worlds, indoor and outdoor, but I have been caught out.

What I'm saying is that accidents happen and people shouldn't be judged for that.

The debate about moggies and pedigrees I'm not going to get involved in!! lol

We all have our own opinions and I respect that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
I don't want to get into an arguement about this again, but I do have to say that accidents can and do happen. No matter how careful you are or how responsible.....tom cats can find a way!!

I thought I had done all I could to protect Lily from straying toms and spent a fortune on cat-proofing the garden to try and give them the best of both worlds, indoor and outdoor, but I have been caught out.

What I'm saying is that accidents happen and people shouldn't be judged for that.

The debate about moggies and pedigrees I'm not going to get involved in!! lol

We all have our own opinions and I respect that.
My post wasnt aimed at you Charlie, its just how I personally feel.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
01-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #18

As I am also quite a new member and I dont' want to be drawn into a huge debate....

However Kitty I am sorry that you got caught out in this way... I feel that the choice is yours if you don't like the idea of putting your poor baby through an abortion and hysterectomy all at once and are quite willing to take care of her babies until you can rehome them to good families then you should go ahead.....

If you wish to stop her from having them because of the increase to the feline population then again that's what you should do....
Don't let yourself be bullied into making a choice by anyone.
In the long run its what your heart and concience allows you to choose for your baby.....

Good luck and my support in whatever you decide...

Vive La Moggy!!!!!

Wendy xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Bit of a moral dilemma here. Is it purely the domain of pedigree breeders to flood the market with kittens? Are we saying here that basically all moggies should be spayed and not allowed to breed or if accidents happen they should be destroyed?
No I am not saying that as I feel the same way about Pedigrees as I do about Moggies.
Thats my personal feeling.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
02-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Sorry, dont want to get into a fight over it but I am with Borderdawn on this one. Too many cats looking for homes and not enough homes to go round. Moggy and Pedigree.

If there are too many pedigree kittens and not enough good homes why do most responsible breeders have kitten waiting lists? I think the debate on moggy kittens is different though. Although I would not agree with abortion.