Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #11

Re: Cat Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Cassie has Whiskas only, she just turns her nose up at everything else........she has bright eyes and a lovely shiny coat, so it must be doing her some good.....
Think that's the secret Mags - find something that suits you and the cat and there you are - no problems. Doesn't matter if it the dearest or the cheapest - it just needs to suit

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Think that's the secret Mags - find something that suits you and the cat and there you are - no problems. Doesn't matter if it the dearest or the cheapest - it just needs to suit
You are right there DM, Took me trying all kinds of biscuits, till I found one that didn't give Oliver the runs, now they all eat the same one...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Ginger & white, 1 black & white
25-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #13

My mogs are fed wet and dried food. They eat more dried than wet though.

Wet food is Felix only, they wont eat anything other than that. It has to be in jelly too, no supermeat/gravy etc

Dried food is any of a number of brands. They wont eat shops own brands (ive tried them all) and they wont eat whiskers dried. It can be any of : James Wellbeloved, Hills, Go-Cat, Proplan, Purina One, or Highlife.

They wont even entertain the thought of Iams, Whiskers, and quite a few of the expensive ones!

The moral of my cats is the expensive foods are horrid, the cheap foods are not nice, they settle for the mid priced foods so thats fine by me. At the mo they are on Highlife dried as it is on special offer!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #14

Teenytiny . . . sounds like you have the perfect cats there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #15

I want teenytinys cats, lol!

Cats owned: Norwegian Forest
03-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #16

My kitten (Norwegian Forest) has Royal Canin Kitten and will go onto RC Maine Coon food when he hits a year old.

When we got him from the breeder, he was on 2 meals of wet food and ad lib biscuits, but the size he was when we got him, we think his bigger brothers pushed him out. We kept him on the wet food for about 2 weeks I think, but he had awful diarrheoa so he came off that sharpish.

He was very very ill as a week-2week old kitten so I dont know whether its that or the fact that he's been fed 'premium' biscuits since yay-high that he has fairly poor digestion.

He was on Iams, but the RC has improved his coat SO much. I work in a pet shop and was fairly unconvinced as to the benefits of the so-called 'premium' foods, until we changed him from Iams to RC - his coat is so smooth and glossy now

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
06-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #17

Jet is the same, she will only eat Felix in jelly. She will also eat Felix As Good As It Looks but thats it.

I feed her Tesco's biscuits (chicken or tuna) and prawns as a treat.

I have tried her on other foods but she dosnt want to know. She will occasionaly eat Tesco's food in jelly also.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: grey and black and white
10-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #18

Mine eat a mixture - Smokey only eats wet food and doesn't really mind what kind. Fluffy likes a mixture wet for breakfast and dried food snacks later in the day and especially at supper! And Tom the feral well he is a fuss pot and has now decided that he really only likes dried food and doesn't mind what brand as long as there is plenty!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #19

Aren't cats funny creatures (we're probably to blame for pandering to them, lol). My Broxi has now gone off his wet food and only eats his whiskas dried. Cooper will eat whatever is available and as for Teddie? Well, obviously she is on hills i.d at the moment but will attack it like theres no tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
10-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #20

I always end up with dried food out all the time, two pouches of wet food a day. The wet food is Whiskas - one in the morning, one in the evening. The dry food is, currently, Perfect Fit Active. Sashimi is perfectly happy with this, so I don't see the issue. Her coat is thick and lovely and lush, and she's a ping-pong ball of activity.