Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
19-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #1

Piano lessons!

I am having Piano lessons! My first tomorrow, I am very excited, I have (self taught) learnt a little, I also play guitar and have a natural ear for music (so I am told!), I pick things up really quickly when it comes to music, I just had to share as I have wanted to learn to play piano for so long and have just got round to sorting it out!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #2

Re: Piano lessons!

How nice Random, I hope you enjoy it....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #3

Lucky you, I had lessons when I was at school and forced my parents into letting me do more 'interesting' things. How I regret that now.

I do hope you enjoy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #4

I envy people like you Random I always wanted to be musical, play guitar etc but with out all the hard work
Wanted to be the female Jimmy Hendrix, never made it
I do beleive i can sing though so maybe we could form a Catsey band
Well done and I wish you all the best with your piano lessons. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #5

Hope you enjoy them Random, if you have a natural ear for music you should come on in leaps & bounds.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Lucky you, I had lessons when I was at school and forced my parents into letting me do more 'interesting' things. How I regret that now.

I do hope you enjoy.
Ditto

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #7

Go Random!... I had lessons for years... still play now.. but stopped the lessons many years ago when it was more important for me to have (longer) fingernails than play...ahhhh vanity!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #8

Random - well done! Hopefully you'll enjoy them a lot is down to the teacher and the rapport you have with them.

I learnt between the ages of 6 and 15. Most of the time I hated it (highly academic teacher + my parents forced me to practice)!! Last year I got a piano off freecycle and have been amazed at how I have got back into it.

Interestingly, I bought a kid's music book for Dominik when I got the piano and he's completely ignored it up until now. Just the other week sat down and asked me to help him learn. He's blown me away with his natural ability to learn the notes and his speed in learning to read the music!! Are you going to try and get Myles interested in it too?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #9

Good for you random! Enjoy it - music should always be a pleasure, not a chore. I too was forced into piano lessons too young and hated it. Yola has it just right with Dominik.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #10

Thank you guys, I love it! My parents asked me when I was about 5 if I wanted lessons as I was well away and my Nans keyboard apparently and I said no! I regret that now so much. Myles has already asked me to teach him guitar so I will have to get him a little one of his own. So, the next piano on free cycle I will have to see if I can squeeze in here somewhere, I have seen a couple so hopefully there will be another at some point. I learnt Violin as a child but found more interesting things to do when I moved up to secondary school so i'd love to get back into that too at some point, I wonder how much I remember!