Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-05-2009, 11:49 PM   #11

Re: Garden pics - lots of!!

I forgot to say how much I like those new planters, and the Japanese maple just leafing out.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
15-05-2009, 01:46 AM   #12

It all looks wonderful.... and GREEN!.. i miss green!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #13

That's lovely.
Do you have to take the top off the old barrel? Wouldn't it be OK just to drill a hole to allow the downpipe to empty into it and fix a tap near the bottom?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #14

DM's right. Also from a safety point of view; you don't want anything to risk drowning in there with the lid fully off.

I love your garden . . . it must be HUGE!!! But the fact that you have so many different areas going on is wonderful. The big green planter is very nice - I can just see that in my garden

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
15-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
DM's right. Also from a safety point of view; you don't want anything to risk drowning in there with the lid fully off.

I love your garden . . . it must be HUGE!!! But the fact that you have so many different areas going on is wonderful. The big green planter is very nice - I can just see that in my garden
Those were my thoughts as well Yola

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #16

You have been very busy CM - your gardenS are coming on wonderfully. As everyone else has said the views are spectacular and I love all the separate areas that you are creating. Also love that green planter and that lovely oak barrel. When are you opening your garden to viewers??? Or running a B&B?

I am looking forward to those chooks too.

(and feel very sorry for Jo in Oz - that was such a heartfelt cry.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
15-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #17

Alexgirl73 – , glad you like.

DM – Thankyou – the Kilmarnock Willow had rust last year and I spent ages pruning and burning. I am really pleased it has survived to look so healthy. The little seating area will look so much better once the trellis is up and covered. Thinking of covering it in different coloured ivies. The potatoes are in direct sun so require a fair bit of watering but is has kept them quite leafy, just hope we get the tatties! Our view is fantastic – One day when there is no haze I’ll try to take some landscape views for you all to see. The Japanese Maple is a lovely colour once it is in full leaf. OH chose the planters well, didn’t he?

Kazz – I’m glad you think our views would keep you going. I just love your garden, so organised and I’d kill to be able to have all these hanging baskets, up here they are blown about too much

Random - Every garden is different. You have worked really hard on your garden and big difference in what you have done with it too. Every space has different challenges – mine is wind!!!

Leesy – I shall reserve the three of you a summer lodging I’d love to have a ‘jungle area’ like yours – but not mild enough up here for that.

Pookyandjo – OH’s cousin is in Australia and he says green fields are the one thing from home he misses most, pleased you enjoyed.

dinahsmum – I have a tap to put in the bottom of the barrel. OH won’t let me redivert down pipes so it is going to sit at side of hut and catch the rain. I was so pleased with the barrel tho’ as I had been going to buy a plastic one.

yola – I’ll be putting double chickenwire over top – I too was worried about wildlife (and Alfie) The garden is around quarter acre, but the house and drive is in the middle of that, so not so big. The green planter is metal! I am trying to do lots of ‘rooms’. That way I can concentrate on a bit at a time.

angieh – glad you enjoyed, no view today, horizontal rain As for opening to viewers, only those from catsey methinks. Would need to keep grass cut and weeds under control otherwise. Besides OH says I can’t make decent tea so no point really . Too shy for B&B.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Alexgirl73 – , glad you like.

DM – Thankyou – the Kilmarnock Willow had rust last year and I spent ages pruning and burning. I am really pleased it has survived to look so healthy. The little seating area will look so much better once the trellis is up and covered. Thinking of covering it in different coloured ivies. The potatoes are in direct sun so require a fair bit of watering but is has kept them quite leafy, just hope we get the tatties! Our view is fantastic – One day when there is no haze I’ll try to take some landscape views for you all to see. The Japanese Maple is a lovely colour once it is in full leaf. OH chose the planters well, didn’t he?

Kazz – I’m glad you think our views would keep you going. I just love your garden, so organised and I’d kill to be able to have all these hanging baskets, up here they are blown about too much

Random - Every garden is different. You have worked really hard on your garden and big difference in what you have done with it too. Every space has different challenges – mine is wind!!!

Leesy – I shall reserve the three of you a summer lodging I’d love to have a ‘jungle area’ like yours – but not mild enough up here for that.

Pookyandjo – OH’s cousin is in Australia and he says green fields are the one thing from home he misses most, pleased you enjoyed.

dinahsmum – I have a tap to put in the bottom of the barrel. OH won’t let me redivert down pipes so it is going to sit at side of hut and catch the rain. I was so pleased with the barrel tho’ as I had been going to buy a plastic one.

yola – I’ll be putting double chickenwire over top – I too was worried about wildlife (and Alfie) The garden is around quarter acre, but the house and drive is in the middle of that, so not so big. The green planter is metal! I am trying to do lots of ‘rooms’. That way I can concentrate on a bit at a time.

angieh – glad you enjoyed, no view today, horizontal rain As for opening to viewers, only those from catsey methinks. Would need to keep grass cut and weeds under control otherwise. Besides OH says I can’t make decent tea so no point really . Too shy for B&B.
You could have fooled me, it looks like those dreadfully pricy ceramic ones!!