Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
08-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #11

Re: My garden in progress

This is my garden now, still a way to go and things are still a bit behind after being moved which has slowed some plants down, the crocosmia out the back is only just coming through but i'm not at all worried about that as it survives anything!

Not sure what this is next to the rather bedraggled carnation but it gets little red flowers on, will take more pictures when it flowers (the carnation was like that when I moved in and I have just pruned the dead bits and left it to recover).

The teeny fruit bushes!

One of the roses which has just about had it, ho hum...

Not sure what bush this is but has been half killed off by naught boy dogs, hence why the dogs have been banned from here now!

As has this one!

The rose that survived:

The lawn recovering!

And round the front:

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #12

Oh and please excuse the weeds and grassy borders it's coming on from next door and driving me mental and the soil is in the process of having sand mixed into it as it's really clay and just dries out terribly and cracks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #13

The grass is really recovering well Kelly, and that is a great collection of fruit bushes you have I can't for the life of me remember the name of that wee plant beside your carnation, but I think it's like one I have, except mine has pink flowers. It's a sort of carpeting flower.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #14

Looking good, what a difference in the grass....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #15

Looking good, Random, you've put a ot of work into that! I love seeing other peoples garden pics. Your garden is larger than the mental picture I had of it. I wish my crocosmia was as indestructible as yours....always dies out for me; planred a half dozen bulbs about 2 weeks ago and no signs of life yet.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #16

Your garden is coming along lovely you must really be putting in alot of hard work, keep up the good work

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #17

It's looking good and should be flourishing in a few months time...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #18

What a difference, you must be really pleased. It is amazing the difference that green grass can make. It will be lovely once everything is blooming.

My first garden had the same problem with 'non garden' neighbours. I got some old slates from reclamation yard and put them all along the fence buried halfway in the ground. It was not 100% but made a huge difference.

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
The grass is really recovering well Kelly, and that is a great collection of fruit bushes you have I can't for the life of me remember the name of that wee plant beside your carnation, but I think it's like one I have, except mine has pink flowers. It's a sort of carpeting flower.
Thanks Alex, hopefully someone will know then when it flowers and help us both out, it is lovely though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Looking good, what a difference in the grass....
Thanks Moli, that took the most work! That horrible path is coming up if it's fine tomorrow and I can start getting that bit ready for seeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Looking good, Random, you've put a ot of work into that! I love seeing other peoples garden pics. Your garden is larger than the mental picture I had of it. I wish my crocosmia was as indestructible as yours....always dies out for me; planred a half dozen bulbs about 2 weeks ago and no signs of life yet.........
Thanks Eileen, the crocosmia has been slow this year as I moved it all a while back now, but it had started growing already beneth the soil and unbekown to me, so has had to start all over again as most of the shoots were broken during teh move but it's starting to come through again now. The one round the front is a smaller type and orange one and that is as tall as it gets now already so that is how far behind the big one is as they were on par last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
Your garden is coming along lovely you must really be putting in alot of hard work, keep up the good work
Thank you, it will be lovely next year I will be pleased with it I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
It's looking good and should be flourishing in a few months time...
Thanks Mags, still quite a few things to go out when they are big enough so when they all flower it will be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
What a difference, you must be really pleased. It is amazing the difference that green grass can make. It will be lovely once everything is blooming.

My first garden had the same problem with 'non garden' neighbours. I got some old slates from reclamation yard and put them all along the fence buried halfway in the ground. It was not 100% but made a huge difference.
Thanks for the tip, I am planning on doing the fencing next year as i'm doing decking, an outdoor run for the cats and kennels for the dogs too and I want to do it all at the same time and as the inside of my house needs finishing first the garden will have to wait a while!

The dandelions are coming up faster than I can pull them and the grass seems to be coming in under the soil via the roots and then coming up on my side! When I pull it up the roots go right under the fence to next door! ARGH!