Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #1

Whaaaaat?????????

Just how much further will 'reality' TV go in its never-ending search for mind-boggling programmes? Theres a programme tonight on breast-feeding. It appears not to be along the lines of 'go for it, try it, it's good for babe, it's good for you, it gets off weight, it transfers antibodies, etc; oh no..........here's a bit of the publicity blurb
"Veronika is still breastfeeding her seven-year-old daughter, while her eldest has asked if she can be breastfed as a present for her tenth birthday."
Eeeek!
Anybody remember when documentary programmes used to be non-sensational, giving an insight into the lives or work of interesting people, rather than full-on or semi-wierdos?
My 'TV' watching just gets less and less - sport, movies, animals, Life on Mars!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
01-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #2

Re: Whaaaaat?????????

Heard this on the radio this morning - one woman was breastfeeding her 8 year old and said her kids wouldnt let her wear a bra so that they could be available whenever the wanted milk. gross!!! this is so wrong.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #3

I saw a brief trailer for this on TV last night. It'll bring the breat-fixation freaks out a treat.

Sometimes I wonder if TV today is just aimed and chavs (low-brow reality nonsense) and pervs (surgery, accidents and now this)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #4

I seen the ads for a few days now, and i think it really odd.
I mean i cant imagine breast feeding my 7 year old! Even my 2 year old i wouldnt anymore. They dont need breast milk at these ridiculous ages.
It's too weird for me, i going to watch it cos I wanna see what these stupid moms say is thier reason for doing it.

I do think it ebst for babies, and I know people go nuts if women breast feed in public, but other countries do, i think so long as you're a bit discreet about it it's ok.
I remember seeing one woman "cuddling" a baby just a few weeks after i had my first. I started talking to her, she had a red shawl around her shoulders, and it took me until she had finished to realise she had een breast feeding her baby. She was so discreet and opena bout it. I got a little embarrassed and said "oops sorry, i didnt realise" but she was fine about it.

I jsut cant get my head around why you would want to breast feed after a certaina g,e but what is considered the right age to stop?
ryan was breast fed one week, then my milk direid up, elliot didnt get a chacne at all, i wasnt allowed to breast feed him cos i was on diabetic tablets and he was born with a blood sugar of 2.1, also cos i was very poorly they said i was in no condition to feed, and i was on antibiotics too.
Like i said, dont think i would even breast feed him still at 2 though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
01-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #5

but why would any1 want to do it
ifeed my son till he was 8 months old and that was enough for me