Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-01-2006, 01:22 PM   #1

The Flipside of Dominick Hide

Does anyone remember this from 1980? Reading the Life on Mars thread just now reminded me of this brilliang Play for Today with the gorgeous Peter Firth. I remember being completely captivated by this!

Basically he comes back in time, meets a girl in 1980, has a 'fling' and then heads off but she is 'with child' as a result. There was sequel called 'Another Flip for Dominick' but I didn't see that one, it's when he comes back to see his kiddie.

I have just got both on DVD for a tenner and will be revisiting my youth one evening this week have having a lookie at them!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #2

Re: The Flipside of Dominick Hide

No, that one passed me by, I'm afraid!

But I do remember Play for Today - what a shame TV companies are now obsessed by soaps and ridiculous 'reality' shows . There were such good dramas - do you remember a very young Judi Dench descending into madness in a series of 3? Unforgettable!

We have Lewis, starting Sunday. Don't suppose that wil be as good as Morse (who wasn't a bit like John Thaw when you read the books!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #3

Re: The Flipside of Dominick Hide

Morse was a must-watch!! I will give 'Lewis' a go, but I think it'll be disconcerting watching it without the late, great John Thaw. He was the glue that held that whole series together.