Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
15-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #1

Would you pay £21 to change a life?

Ok I'm not even sure i'm 'allowed' to put this on here but i'm giving it a shot anyway. I figured i'm a regular and well known member and I have been for years so you will know i'm not here for a plug. I have also put it over on Dogsey but that's all.

Basically I have been asked to help some children. These children live in 3rd world countries, and need our help!

BUT WAIT!

Before you shut off please hear me out at least!

An organisation called 'Compassion' has been helping some of the world's poorest children with their most basic needs and most of all, hope for a better future. Bringing these children up from a hopeless and pitiful existence to realising that they are just as important as any other child in the world and they too, have the same rights to a future, and for happiness.

I am not going to bombard you with pictures of these children and videos to tug at your heart strings, you have, no doubt, seen it all before.

I will ask you however, if you can afford £21 a month to sponsor one of these children, please please think seriously about helping one of them, because we have in the world enough resources for everyone if we share what we have fairly, and with your help, we CAN change the world, one child at a time.

This isn't your bog standard sponsoring, with a generic quarterly newsletter for your troubles. If you choose to sponsor a child they have one sponsor, you! You can write to them and they will write to you, you can send photographs and receive photographs of your child. You can send them birthday cards and you can even arrange to go and visit your child. You will get to know your child and develop with them a bond and an avid interest on how they are developing, with your help!

If this interests you or you want to find out more, please do visit the website:
http://www.compassionuk.org/site/pages/ui_home.aspx

If you cannot afford £21 a month to sponsor a child then please pray for these children, pray that they have love and happiness all of their lives and that they find people to sponsor them and help them to grow and develop.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.