Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #1

Update on my Dad

Well Tuesday Mom answered the phone to a nurse from the hospital asking how she and Dad had taken the news of his cancer...and asking if they had any questions....Mom got a little upset...she is prone to tears ove r stubbed toe. ...we are used to it. Anyhow luckily my sister and hubby arrived while Mom was on the phone and Di took the phone and the nurse said "did we realise that if Dad was younger fitter healthier (although good for someone approaching 81) they would reccomend the treatment of stomach removal for his cancer" my sister was gob smacked as remember my Dad said the Dr said "pre-cancerous" and a small part of his stomach will/may be removed...?????anyhow we now are not sure although after a brief conversation with my Dad which he did not want to have he did say/admit..the Dr said his age was not with him for an operation and he did not think chemo would be a good idea either but they would do tests/MRI/CAT scan to get further info. So seems Dad glossed over it a little to appease not worry Mom I/we suspect. The nurse said we could go to see her with without Dad...so we are going Friday Dad does not want to go but also does not want to worry Mom.....Did I mention she was taken into hospital herself 2 months ago and had a heart bypass she had a cardiac arrest on the bus....heart stopped and restatred she is okay now and home but hey. ...parent eh?

So we are waiting to see the nurse Friday ans asses the news Dad said the Dr said he's a sensible man and he would tell him the truth.

So all go here,

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #2

Re: Update on my Dad

I will keep everything crossed here Karen, hope you get told exactly what's going on at your appointment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #3

Oh dear. But at least you'll get the true picture now and know what to expect. Everything crossed here too for your Dad and the family,

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #4

Thinking of you and your family, Kazz - I hope you get a full explanation of your Dad's condition from the hospital...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #5

Thinking of you all. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
04-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #6

Thinking of you and your family Kazz. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #7

Thank you all very much.

At least they are all falling to pieces at the same time.... ...need putting in a bag and shaking up, as my Nan would say.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #8

You need to be certain of the facts Kazz and I hope you can find that out. I am glad you have other family support during this very difficult time. I felt so alone being an only child. Thinking about you and your family (((HUGS))).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #9

It's good that you are getting a chance to speak to the nurse yourself Kazz, it will help make things clearer. Wishing you all the best & thinking of you. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #10

So sorry to hear all this Kazz, my thoughts and best wishes are with you all. xxx