Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
15-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #1

Thought I had better explaine a little better...

My moms tells me she told you that Im deaf in my right ear so I thought I had better come on and explaine exactly what is wrong as just saying Ive gone deaf sounds much more serious than it actually is lol.

I have had an earache (left ear) and bad throat for a few days now, went to Dr's last night, I have laryngitis but she couldnt see my ear drum because there was so much wax.
I have always suffered with my ears ( had a perforation in both ears, had an op on the left ear when I was 16 to repair it as the perforation was extremely large) so the doctor gave me some drops to try and losen the wax so that they could get a better look in a few days.

Anyway was in complete agony last night so went back to the doctors today who still couldnt really see but said that she thinks the pain is being caused by pressure on the eardrum rather than an infection. Im to keep using the drops in both ears and go back in a few days if its not improved so that they can get a proper look at the eardrum (hopefully the ear drops will have removed most of the wax by then).

Anyway, the drops have made me completely deaf in my right ear so they are obviously breaking the wax down.

So, I have an earache in my left ear, am deaf in my right ear and have a sore throat and cant talk properly, great!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #2

Re: Thought I had better explaine a little better...

Blimey Erin you fairly do not do things by halves do you...Hope you start to feel better soon.x..........Good to hear gorgoeus Jerry is settling down....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
15-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #3

Hope you start to feel better soon, ear pain is so nasty!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #4

Oh dear Erin, poor you it's all happening to you at the moment, isn't it

I hope the drops start to work and you feel better soon (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Blimey Erin you fairly do not do things by halves do you...Hope you start to feel better soon.x..........Good to hear gorgoeus Jerry is settling down....
I was hoping after the op on my ear nearly 6 years ago and my tonsils out 3 years ago, that would have been the end to my ENT problems but noooooo!! makes me wander what they did the ops for in the first place lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Hope you start to feel better soon, ear pain is so nasty!
Thanks PL, itss awful isnt it, no amount of paracetamol or ibuprofen helps either have been using jerry's heat pad on my ear which helps a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Oh dear Erin, poor you it's all happening to you at the moment, isn't it

I hope the drops start to work and you feel better soon (((hugs)))
Thanks Mags, hopefully this is the worst of it over now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #6

oh Erin, you poor soul ((hugs)). No wonder your posts of late on the social networking site that shall remain nameless lol, have been a bit on the down side. Hope you feel better soon hun, and get back to your bright, bubbly, normal self xx

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
oh Erin, you poor soul ((hugs)). No wonder your posts of late on the social networking site that shall remain nameless lol, have been a bit on the down side. Hope you feel better soon hun, and get back to your bright, bubbly, normal self xx
Thanks Alex, thats the plan anyway, just as soon as I can talk and hear again everybody will know about it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #8

So sorry to hear about your ear problems Erin. I have had bad ear infection in the past (swimming pool) and appreciate the pain it causes. I hope you feel better very soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #9

Good to see you back Erin, sorry to hear about the ear problems, I hope they clear soon.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
So sorry to hear about your ear problems Erin. I have had bad ear infection in the past (swimming pool) and appreciate the pain it causes. I hope you feel better very soon.
Thanks Angie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Good to see you back Erin, sorry to hear about the ear problems, I hope they clear soon.
Thanks Emma, good to be back actually