Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #21

Re: K in hospital

So sorry. Just seems to get worse; I can understand why he's so depressed. It's hard for you to be strong for both; don't know how you've coped so well, but bless you, you know all of us here care and are pulling for you and K. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
11-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #22

Just caught up with this thread, hugs to you both.
xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #23

This is what he had/has in both feet
http://www.podiatrynetwork.com/docum...ers.cfm?id=174
We are trying to assess how much permanent damage was done in the tissues and how much function will come back.
They are having him use a walker to try to move them but he is for the most part using his arms to get himself around.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #24

oh Lord Tink, that certainly doesn't sound pleasant!! K is a very strong man, and if anyone can overcome all these problems he can. Continually in my thoughts and prayers xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #25

Yes, I've head of this . . . I believe it's often suffered by diabetics who get increasingly poor blood circulation. Poor K - life seems to be throwing much crap at him at the moment.

Do you think some of it is exacerbated by his reluctance to rest and allow his body to recuperate properly? I know someone who's recently had an aortic valve replacement and he was on completel bed-rest for 8 weeks!

As Alex says, he's a strong man who has come through a lot I'm sure he'll fight his way through this also.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #26

Sorry to hear that you and K are having to go through all this anguish, Tink. If our good wishes, sent by the bucketload, could only have the power to fix things for you both! You have had so much ill-fortune lately and I am hugely impressed by the stamina and grit that you have shown during all this.

Hoping that K makes steady improvement but he needs to be realistic and not try to rush his recovery. Thinking of you both and sending virtual hugs,

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #27

I can't put it any better than the above comments. Especially the bit that he's got to rest and let his body heal; that's going to be so hard for a strong, active work-oriented man. Lots of hugs and prayers, Tink.

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #28

He's home!
Bad thing is his work refuses to let him come back to light duty..they won't let him work at all till he can do what he used to do..which was heavy physical labor. It could take a long while for that and we honestly can't afford it.
And, no, the clots happened by chance. He's been on light duty which means sitting at a desk watching security cameras. It was all by chance. Good thing is the doc said it could have easily gone to his brain killing him instantly so this was the better option.

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #29

Excellent that he's home, seems early after surgery, but they do rush you out very soon these days. Bad about work. Disability SS payments maybe???

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #30

Last time I checked, SS only qualified you if you'd be out for at least a year. This is more like a couple of months.
*Sigh..*