Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #11

Re: Heartbreaking News

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
How terribly sad for your friend. Alex and Jo's advice is very helpful; all you can do is be there for her when she needs you. Of course it's OK to post about it; just talking to friends can help you, and we are friends here. (((hugs)))

Thanks DM, I know we all are and it does help to talk

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
19-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #12

im so sorry for your friends loss.
all u can do is just be there as a friend to let her cry on. just be you. when u lose some-one you end up leaning on some-one who is willing to just listen to u go over stuff.
so sad he left a little girl as well.
my condolances to his family and to you as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #13

Something occurred to me, Leesy. His widow might need some help with things now, like picking up the little girl from school, some meals in the freezer so she won't have to cook (and probably won't feel like it), things like that. You could discuss that with your friend; it might help her a bit to be able to do something .........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #14

Oh how sad for him and the people close to him left in this world. I cannot really add to the advice above. Just be there for her and offer to do anything you think needs doing.

It is very difficult for people to come to terms with this type of death. A colleague of mine took his life this way a number of years ago and his wife just wanted to know why. I think that is the hardest thing - not knowing why.

Your friend is in my thoughts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #15

I am so so sorry to read this, your poor friend Unfortunately when somebody wants to commit suicide very little will stop most people (and the people who succeed unfortunately do not announce what they want to do)

All you can do for your friend is to be strong and be there for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
22-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #16

Thanks again everybody for your kind words, it has been really hard for my friend as certain things are now coming forward from the police etc about what has happened which obviously is not nice to hear, and I am afraid that certain issues popping up about his girlfriend are not really nice and she is telling various conflicting stories about things leading up to the sad day

We are having abit of a battle to get her to eat anything properly, but at least we do seem to be getting her to eat something, hopefully this will get better.

Thanks again everybody for your support Pauline Xxx.