Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #51

Re: Surgery Progress

Ouch, more surgery and no anaesthetic!! Poor guy, no wonder he's depressed. I hope the breathing improves soon, Tink; that must be a terribly uncomfortable feeling for him; your presence there hopefully will make him feel a bit better. It's a slow road to recovery, but it does sound as if he's in good hands there. Love, xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #52

It's a seriously major op he's been through - of course there'll be set backs. If he can do this without the anti-Ds then he will come out of it stronger and physically/mentally healthier then before.

At least he is being monitored by the medics and they are pikcing up on the things that need doing and acting on them sharpish.

Please do let him know we are thinking of him . . . why not print this thread off and read it to him - let him know there are people around the world thinking of you both and wishing him well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #53

I can understand K being in "bad spirits" after what he's been through and coming off anti-depressants and not smoking! And on top of that a major op plus another with no anaesthetic! Also the effect of the general anaesthetic which will take a long while to get over, let alone everything else. I remember myself biting a poor nurse's head off and being very snappy after I had a GA some years ago. I think it's a normal reaction but he'll get over it with your understanding, strength and support.

((((HUGS)))) Tink. This post op could be practically far more stressful for you. Be as kind as possible to yourself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
19-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #54

im sending u lots of healing thoughts.for both u and K.
((((hugs to u both))))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
20-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #55

What a day. I'm too tired to remember all the details in order to update properly..but I do need any vibes/thoughts/prayers sent our way he will start breathing independently again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #56

Ah Tink - vibes/thoughts/prayers winging their way ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #57

Oh Tink, my thoughts and prayers are with you both all through this hard time, I do hope you are ok. x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #58

Tink hang in there you are doing a great job... if it's any consolation.... it perfectly normal to get the blues around day 3 or 4 post op... ask the nurses... they will tell you... and K has had major major surgery... it will get better...i promise...it will take a little time...
great idea of Yola's to print this off and read it to him... it may perk him up to know that people all around the world are thinking of you both
big hugs xoxox

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #59

Thoughts and prayers continue, Tink.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #60

Prayers, good wishes, healing vibes and some virtual ((hugs)) being sent your way Tink. I'm sure K will come through this and be stronger than ever xx