Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #41

Re: Surgery Progress

Reading that last post Tink had me in tears because what K`s dad said is just so true and that was sooooooo sweet of him to walk out with you and say such a lovely thing like that to you they really must think alot about you.
I am so glad that your mother is there behind you as well as I think a woman in circumstances like this no matter how strong they are themselves always need their mothers support behind them (if you know what I mean), just to help take away some of the hurt and the pain.
Keep your chin up Tink as there will be big improvements every day ((hugs)) Xxx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #42

Well done Tink, so glad to hear K is making good progress, and to hear that his family treasure you is lovely too. Times like this brings families together, glad you are all rallying around for K and giving each other support and love.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #43

It's great that K's stepfather said that to you - I can imagine how much that has meant to you Tink. You are being very strong for K - hang on - every hour he'll improve a little bit. More (((((HUGS))))) from me and Kizzy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #44

Thanks all. I called in about 3 hours ago at 1am just to talk to K's nurse and ask how he's doing thru the night. Her report is they have taken off the oxygen mask and he has adequate oxygen saturation with the nasal cannula (since 9pm last night!). He is "coughing well" (helps clear the airways, it of course hurts his huge incision area but it also seems to be helping his breathing improve) and is actually sleeping peacefully for the most part instead of his usual miserable with discomfort fidgeting so that is nice to know.
My mom is taking the train back Saturday morning as her presence has boosted me so much and K seems to be improving we think it'll be okay for her to leave and make sure she is home for Father's Day with my dad.
I'm also happy to report I have not smoked since the night before K's surgery. I am chewing nicotine gum but that is it.
I also have gone leaps and bounds with driving again. My mom is a great cheerleader and really has shown me that I am capable of things if I put my mind to it, bless her.
I am going to try to get an earlier start tomorrow to visit him earlier in the afternoon (of course i am writing this at four am but i got a good nights sleep last night so oh well, LOL).
will update later. thank you all for each one of your kind and thoughtful words. each message i read carefully, take into account, and appreciate.
love to all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #45

Great news.....so pleased to hear that K's recovery is going well and he's off the oxygen mask, Tink. Hopefully you will see an improvement in him every day as he regains his strength.

It is surprising how something like this can give you an inner strength to enable to cope better with things. You are doing marvellously with lots of support from your mum and I'm sure you will come out of this a much stronger and confident person.

I'm sure you'll be fine with your driving, just relax and tell yourself you are doing this for K........ he'll be proud of you!

More best wishes to you both ............ just wait until K understands that he has had all these Catsey ladies so concerned about him!! ((((hugs)))) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #46

I too think that K's stepdad's words speak volumes for the amount of respect everyone has for you, your tenacity and your strength of character.

I truly hope that this is a cathartic situation for you; that you can see for yourself that if you put your mind to it you can overcome your demons and control the things that once controlled you (smoking, fear of driving etc).

Major respect to you Tink and continued wishes for K's improvement!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #47

This has been so hard for you and you've coped so beautifully....you ARE a strong woman! That was so touching about K's stepdad; and I'm so glad your Mom's been there for you, and is comfortable enough with the situation to go home to be with your Dad on Fathers Day. K is lucky to have you, and it's wonderful about the daily progress ...this is the first thing I looked for when I logged on just now .... do keep on with the updates and don't forget to take care of yourself too! Many hugs!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
19-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #48

Oh Tink, what a wonderful thing for K's dad to say but of course it is all true, you are doing absolutely brilliantly and i'm so happy to hear that K is improving with each update you bring us. All the best to you, hope you manage some sleep. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #49

I was so pleased to read of K's progress, litle by little he'll get there.

What a lovely thing for his stepdad to say to you, vey kind and I'm sue very true.

Your Mum must be so proud of you and it is good that she believes you will cope fine and she can go home without worrying too much.

You are doing so wel with the not smoking and the driving. To be able to stay off the cigs at this very stressful time just goes to show how strong you really are.

Take care of yourself and keep us up to date. Big (((hugs))) for you both.

CM x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #50

I just got a call from his mother. K is in very bad spirits. They had to do minor surgery on a wound in the groin area because they accidentally stitched into one of his nerves. It took an hour and a half to fix and he got no anesthetic because they needed to know exactly where it was.
He has said he does not want to be left alone which is unlike him. He is withdrawing off antidepressants and is saying things like "I used to breathe better when I was smoking two packs a day" because he is having such a hard time breathing.
They are holding down the fort and I am going to forego all things I needed to get done today and head right down to be with him.