Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #11

Re: Surgery Progress

Big hugs, Tink....... everyone's pulling for you and K; post when you can.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #12

Hey Tink, sending lots of healing vibes from this end to. Thinking of you and K ((hugs)) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #13

Hi, all. I am only now in a position to get my wits about me (somewhat) enough to post.
K's heart survived remarkable well through the operation. The surgeon was very surprised with its vitality and the size the anneurysm has already grown since last testing (he would have been gone any day now if left alone). They only had to use the defibrillator paddles on him once because his heart very much wanted to run of its own accord to their surprise once they brought him back from deep freeze.
The concern was brain function next. There was a lot of touch and go as he came to in little spouts but each fit he had into consciousness seemed to be a little less violent and eventually his eyes held recognition while he looked into mine. Then he began to be able to nod in appropriate response, do thumbs ups, and some makeshift sign language. This was all to my delight as the surgeon was not able to promise if all brain function would return. Once he realized he was in restraints he slammed his hand down in frustration and I knew my K was in there still.
Our only current battle right now is getting him off the ventilator. He still has the tube down his throat, he is not able to breathe for himself yet. It's very, very frustrating as he is very thirsty, in so much pain, and is unable to talk and whenever he comes to once again he is choking and they have to suction it and make him cough which is horribly painful to his chest region. They are giving him breathing treatments on a constant basis. His wheezing and oxygen saturation has not stabalized. We are hoping by morning he will be able to breathe on his own. Please send good thoughts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #14

Hang on in there.
I'm sure there will be 'hiccups' on the road to full recovery but that must have been the most difficult day.
Thanks so much for posting. You are being very brave.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #15

You are so incredibly strong - much more so than you give yourself credit for. It would break my heart to see my man lying helpless like that . . . so I can't imagine for a moment what you're going through.

I hope K continues to get stronger and better - it's a massive operation he's been through so I'm sure it'll take time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #16

Tink, I want you to know we are all thinking of you. Well done for posting & for being so strong, keep it up, it will soon be over. * hugs * hugs * hugs *

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
18-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #17

So glad it has gone well so far. I am sending healing thought and hope k continues to get better.

((((HUGS))))

Tilly

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #18

Tink, I commend you for the incredible strength you have found to help K through these critical days, you have been amazingly brave.

All your Catsey friends here are with you 100% to offer support and understanding throughout K's recovery. Try to rest as much as you can between hospital shifts as worry and concern can be so draining for you.

Love and hugs to you both and strong healing vibes to K...... xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #19

Hang on in there Tink. The first huge hurdle is over - the op itself. (((((HUGS)))) Every hour will see improvement however slight. You are both strong for each other.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
18-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #20

I echo what everybody else has said you are one amazingly strong person and you should be proud of yourself (we are) and we are behind both you and K on his full recovery back to health.
I hope if ever the need arises that I can show the same strength that you have shown throughout everything that has happened.
Please keep us up to date on K`s recovery when you have time and please feel free to vent if need be, sending lots of ((love)) and Healing vibes your way Xxx.