Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

Cats owned: tortashell female
16-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #1

Hippus playing then biting me??????

Hippus has just been playing with me, she was say next to me and pawed for attention. Then she started to tap with her paw as if batting me, she held onto my hand with her paws and put her teeth on me, she did this for a few mins just grabing me then letting me feel how sharp her teeth are. She has done this in the past but not very often.

Is this normal during play or do i need to tell her off???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #2

Re: Hippus playing then biting me??????

It is normal cat behaviour, it's how they would play with eachother. Some say that a short sharp sqeal from you might do the trick but when cats have done this to me, I just simply and quietly remove myself from the situation and ignore the cat for a short time.

Banned

Cats owned: tortashell female
17-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #3

Oh great thanks, i had seen her play with her kittens by grabbing hold of them with her mouth and kicking with her back paws but wasnt sure if she was just playing with me or pushing her luck. She carried on last night for another half hour and ended up chasing her tail n trying to grab it as long as i know shes playing then its ok i wont tell her off as she doesnt hurt.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
17-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #4

Elaine is right, my Lola used to do this all the time but I would do what Elaine suggested and Lola eventually got the message ... well.... ok, sometimes she has a relapse now and again..!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #5

Good advise there. Kizzy likes to chew my fingers - I am sure that she is confused that my nails don't come off like the outside sheaths of hers do. She has never hurt me and I trust she never would. Pip does the thing with the teeth and the hind legs, but he doesn't have his claws out and he doesn't bite down. He's playing and I just try to distract him until he lets go. Not got that far with Harley yet. He's "mouthed" OH's hand and let go when told No. He bit MIL because she pulled away.

They're all so different.