Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
15-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #1

Autism in cats

I was just wondering if cats can have autism? Reason for asking is Dylan doesn't seem to realise that doing silly things hurts, for example cuddling the iron when it's on it's hottest setting, choosing to fight with rats/ other cats and getting bitten, playing chicken wth the bin lorry etc etc the list goes on and on.

If they can't get autism, why does Dylan insist on doing really silly things like that?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
15-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #2

Re: Autism in cats

I'm sure I've heard something about this, but can't remember where. Very helpful!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #3

Hope you can remember where farthing ...................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
15-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hope you can remember where farthing ...................
I've got no chance really. I look up something, either in a book or the computer, find something else of interest, get side tracked for a while and then forget the gist of what I've read. It might well have been when I was trying to find out about Toxo, when Mustard caught it.
Useless really, but keeps me entertained.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
16-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #5

rcr thats wot i always wondered about toby,my 15 yr old cat,he doesnt seem to like change,and can only cope being around people for about 20 mins b4 he wants to get away outside

1 yr i went on holidays,my sister who lived in the flat above me,was looking after him,she decided one day to take him in hers,he lasted all of 2 mins,coz he was walking round her flat wailing!!!!!