Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
14-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #1

Please help!

I have 3 cats (all from the same litter) who are now nearly 3 years old, and we have had them since kittens. 2 boys and 1 girl, all have been neutered.

The problem is 2 cats that have adopted my daughter and are living in her shed, we think they are brother and sister and have been abandoned. My daughter has been feeding them but cant take them in as she already has 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 rabbits and gerbils as well as 4 children!

The boy has been neutered although hard to tell with the girl, they are very affectionate and seem to have been well looked after.

Living in the shed is not ideal for them, especially in winter, and they seem to crave someone to love them (the boy almost threw himself at me!) I would love to take them in but not sure how my cats would take to them as they have never had other cats here. Also, I dont want to traumatise the 2 strays by taking them in only to make them miserable by my cats fighting with them.

Any advice would be most grateful!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #2

Re: Please help!

Unfortunately it looks like these poor mites have been abandoned but are getting their basic needs met by your kind daughter. Have you taken them to be checked over by a vet for a microchip? I guess you have tried your local Cat Protection contact to see if they can be taken in. Trouble is this time of year it's very difficult to get a place. You could try Blue Cross or other organisations or just keep feeding them until they can be re-homed (if they have been dumped which seems likely) Sorry can't be more practical help.

Catsey Junior

14-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #3

Hi Poshpus and thanks for your reply.

Yes, they have been taken to the vets, no microchip
Everywhere seems to be inundated with cats, (I wish people would neuter!) and as the cats seem devoted to each other it would be sad to seperate them.

Sadly, we have no Blue cross near us.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #4

It's a very sad situation mumof3. I have just taken in a stray, also abandoned. Luckily he was on his own, but I could not wait for the Winter weather to come when things would become desperate for him. I have two cats of my own - they are not litter mates, a 2 or 3 year old female and a 1 year old male (both neutered). I knew that there was no chance of getting him in anywhere - it's the same situation everywhere. I've had the stray neutered and he is now living with me. Luckily, there is enough room for the 3 cats to be apart - the stray (Harley) is usually out at night, but I am a little anxious about how they will get on together when we are trying to sleep!

I'm afraid this isn't much help to you or your kind daughter. It's lucky that the boy has been neutered and one can only hope the same goes for the girl. The only option I can think of is if you or your daughter puts an advert in your local paper and try to rehouse them yourselves.

Please let us know what you decide to do and how you get on. Good luck!

Catsey Junior

25-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #5

Just to let you all know, my daughter had to have one of her dogs pts at the weekend. She is hoping that the shed cats will now venture into the house.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #6

Sad news indeed about your daughter's dog. But hopefully the cats may now have a home. Please let us know how things progress.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #7

I am very sorry for your daughter's loss of her dog but perhaps it's karma for those shed cats .... do let us know what happens next.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #8

How sad for your daughter. But maybe a home now; I do hope the cats will come in. Thanks for the update!