Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: moggy
Deeko is Male
19-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #1

Web 2.0 Cat Behaviour Study

Attention Cat Lovers!

The Lincoln Social Computing (LiSC) Research Centre, in collaboration with the University of Lincoln Animal Behaviour, Cognition and Welfare Research Centre, have created TAGPUSS, a web project that is investigating how people interpret the emotions of cats. We are inviting you to contribute by tagging cat photographs - simply visit www.tagpuss.com and follow the instructions. Each picture tagged will support the research so even sparing just a few seconds would be helpful. Anyone can help and there is no need for any special skills. The website is free, easy to use, and is currently available to everyone. Simply click on the following link if you would like to try it out:

www.tagpuss.com

This application forms a part of ongoing research conducted by LiSC into positive uses of online social media. Your responses and usage data will be stored anonymously - it will not be possible to identify which data came from which user - and will be not be used for any other purposes except for this specific research. We will not record any information other than your usage of the application, unless if we contact you at a later date and specifically ask for it.

The images on tagPuss have gratefully been donated to support the scientific study of cat behaviours. Images subject to individual copyrights. For more information contact admin@tagpuss.com. If you wish to have more information about the study or the wider research agenda then please contact Derek Foster, *defoster@lincoln.ac.uk*, who is the lead researcher on this project.

Cheers
Derek

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #2

Re: Web 2.0 Cat Behaviour Study

Hi there, I did about 1/2 a dozen of your images, as I'm a bit pressed for time . . . how many are there in total?

Cats owned: moggy
Deeko is Male
20-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #3

Re: Web 2.0 Cat Behaviour Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Hi there, I did about 1/2 a dozen of your images, as I'm a bit pressed for time . . . how many are there in total?
Hi there,

Our database currently holds the best part of 2000 images, you are welcome to tag as many images as you can or want to, whenever you are free to do so.

Cheers!
Derek