Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #11

Re: Why do some cats cry ALL the time!!!!!!!

Glad to hear it's not just my soppy sod then Shelly!

Do you find your Tom reserves that extra special meow for the middle of the night when bringing a mouse in or something?

That particular tone is one we immediately jump to attention on! Usually because said present is still alive and then he finds it amusing to just drop it and the blooming thing just belts it across the room... so we end up rearranging furniture in the middle of the night trying to save the mouse!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #12

He does seem to reserve it for the middle of the night when the house is quiet and we are all asleep (untill he wakes me up ) I'm not sure why he does it but suspect he's either looking for us for company or he thinks i should jump out of bed and feed him,lol.
Poor you having to perform rescues in the middle of the night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #13

I find it so interesting, how different their behaviour can be. Kizzy and Pip are generally quiet when one or the other brings in a poor unfortunate. Apart from the thundering of paws up and down, chasing the creature. Pip will growl if you get too near him when he has something he's wanting to keep to himself. Generally it is impossible to save said poor unfortunate, unless it is particularly cunning and hides until the cats go off duty for a while, but allows us to catch it with our trusty tin and cardboard.

Neither are very vocal. Kizzy is definitely a "chirruper"! She announces her arrival and will sometimes thank you with a chirrup for opening a door for her. Pip meows when he wants feeding and makes a sort of grunting noise when he is playing and trying to get Kizzy to join in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #14

Leia never announces when she's bringing prey, just arrives with it. She's not a talky cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #15

The one time Hestia brought me a bird she trilled up a storm announcing it to the house...she was so incredibly proud of herself
Hestia likes to wait till middle of night after we've all settled in too...then she wanders all around wailing. It almost sounds like she is saying "Hello???" over and over and over....

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #16

Tink, that could be a sign of early feline dementia ... the night wailing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #17

Yup that's what I've been thinking..She is 12 but isn't that a bit early? Reminds me very much of Tigger and Cuddles near the end of their lives yet she only does it in little spouts whereas those two by the time they were 17 were wailing all day long..

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #18

Twelve is early, I agree. Patches was about 18, I think, when she started. But she only wailed at night, never in the daytime ...???

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #19

Think I jinxed the whole 'meowing when bringing something in' thing... we were up at 3am this morning moving furniture trying to save the poor little mouse which was brought in.... I am pleased to say, by 4am, we had returned to bed having returned the little one to the wild (they very rarely have a scratch on them when our pair bring them in!)....

I am shattered today though!