Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
19-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #1

Why do some cats cry ALL the time!!!!!!!

why do some cats cry ALL the time !! toby my 15yr old cat has always been a cryer,if he didnt sleep,dont think id ever get peace

he cries to get in the kitchen (i have a gate coz of the dog)he cries to get back out,even tho im sure he can jump over,its just easier for him to cry,just to get me to do it!!!!!!!.he cries to go out,then wails to get back in

he cries at the wind,the rain,the cold,even the sun

he wails in houses he doesnt know,like when my neighbour lets him in the stair and feels sorry for him,she lets him in hers,but all he does is wail,not cry,so he gets put back out

ive put up with it for 15 yrs fortunately my other cat has learned that trick,or i think id be demented

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #2

Re: Why do some cats cry ALL the time!!!!!!!

I know you say he has done this for as long as you can remember but jut asking due to his age really, has he had a full check up at the vet recently?
Many cats dont like closed doors and always want to be on the other side just to make sure they are not missing out

Cats owned: Shorthair
21-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Many cats dont like closed doors and always want to be on the other side just to make sure they are not missing out
Just like mine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
17-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #4

harris likes to meow alot, especially if we are not paying him our full attention, other times its almost as if he is talking to himself when he is playing or walking around the house!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #5

My Molly is a nervous cat and sometimes howls for her brother when he's not with her. I'd love to know if she does it because she is worried at being by herself or concerned that he might be in trouble. but I'm sure cats don't rationalise like that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #6

Posh talks a lot except when she's asleep then she snores. She wakes us up crying and then it's another cry for food. I know she's fine because she cries. It's most obvious when we have company, she wails if she's being ignored, very embarrassing especially if they are not cat people and don't understand.

The only crying I didn't like and couldn't stand was when she was calling before we had her spayed, that was terrible!!

Wish I could interpret her cries, I try, but she just looks at me with contempt

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #7

Now Harley is excluded (just like a naughty schoolboy) he has started crying again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #8

Sounds like you have a smart Cat that has you wrapped around his little finger
I have never realy had a vocal Cat, our boys meaow occassionaly and Tom chirrups for cat milk but that's about it.
You only have to speak to next doors siamese and he starts, i find it amusing as he always sounds like he's complaining about something. Sure he's not realy but you feel compelled to sympathise with him

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #9

Interesting to see other cats are doing this too.. I have the two, brother and sister. Sam is the attention seeker, and cries upon coming into the house through the cat flap... almost in a panic until he can actually see you.. then his tone changes and it's a more friendly meow. He then jumps on you.. no matter what's on your lap... be it the laptop...or your dinner!....

His sister however very rarely meows.. she makes more gentle purry chirrip type noises... only meows when she wants feeding.

Funny isn't it?

The number of times though sam has come in late at night when we are asleep announcing himself... waking us up in the process! He is loud!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomper22
The number of times though sam has come in late at night when we are asleep announcing himself... waking us up in the process! He is loud!
Our Tom does this too, he comes in late and announces his arrival very loudly