Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread/Monday

Afternoon all, its beautiful here today, sun shining, birds singing, and quite warm too......All the boys are out enjoying it.....
Got a trolley dash at Tesco later, but before that a lovely long walk with the dogs.....
healing vibes to all the poorly people....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #12

Afternoon! Weather today was supposed to be sunny and unusually mild, up to 27 this afternoon for the holiday. Well, half right, it's 19 now, but the clouds are hanging tough. Hope it brightens later. Market run has been done, got a suet cake for the birds; only give them that in the colder months...need to fatten them up for the nasty weather coming!

Very sorry so many people are poorly! I managed to escape mumps as a child, had all the others; used to live in terror of it at work when one of my co workers came in when her child had it...... ! Can be so serious in an adult. PL, Donna, take care of yourselves, work will just have to do without you for a bit!

Hope the sun will shine later for all; have a nice day...

Edited to add: meep, think thats a very sensible compromise! Hope it works out well for you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #13

Evening all.
Donna, Liz, get well soon xxx
It was a really lovely morning here, the sun was shinning and it was quite warm too. Got all the dogs walked before the heavens opened.
Went to see nadia and all the birds this afternoon. She has a new african grey, 13 weeks old, very friendly and chirpy. She's gonna be a stunner, she's clever too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #14

She sounds gorgeous, any pictures of her???

Catsey Veteran

13-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
She sounds gorgeous, any pictures of her???
No not yet, she travelled up from Stafford yesterday so we must allow her time to settle, although she does seem very settled already. She has no name yet either but she is beautiful. Joseph (another african grey) is not impressed with her as yet but he'll come round.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #16

Well sorry to hear so many people are ill I am by default much much better feeling really well back at work today only to be told if I fdid not feel well to go home at any moment........Donna totaly different to you works reaction there. Shame isn't it when you are made to feel worse fo being ill than you did through just being ill.

Anyhow have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #17

Evening everyone.

PL and donna - hope you recover soon.

I've had busy day at work and came home to find OH had made lovely quiche and salad.

Going to stay on here for a while then have a nice soak in bath then into bed (newly dried outside sheets mmmm)

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Donna totaly different to you works reaction there. Shame isn't it when you are made to feel worse fo being ill than you did through just being ill.
Yes they have been checking how long I am contagious on internet sites and questioning when the swelling first started on my neck.... I did try explaining its not just about being contagious but more do do with the massive swollen glands in my neck being really sore, but think they think if I am not contagious then why am I not at work?

Catsey Veteran

13-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Yes they have been checking how long I am contagious on internet sites and questioning when the swelling first started on my neck.... I did try explaining its not just about being contagious but more do do with the massive swollen glands in my neck being really sore, but think they think if I am not contagious then why am I not at work?
Thats an awful way to treat an employee. Not what you need when you feel poorly. Hugs to you Donna xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #20

Poor you Donna - WHat advice did your gp give re time out of work? Would that not satisfy them?

CM