Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #1

News from the Smudgley

hi all - Not been on for a while. Lucy is much better now. 24 hours of the new antibiotics and she was much better. If she gets tonsilitis again I am going to suggest they take them out.

Yesterday I had a migraine - I get them quite bad - but usually not that often, although they are now becoming more regular. that was my 2nd one in 7 days. I was bad from yesterday morning until lunchtime today I wish I knew what triggered them. Anyone else get them? I do a lot of driving which my husband thinks maybe is a contributing factor?

I have a new rescue cat coming in on Monday. A black 6 month old kitten. She's been at the vets for a few days & guess what the RSPCA said? Yes they didn't want her, they don't deal with uninjured strays. Anyone have any idea what they do deal with? 'Cos I have no idea

That's about all my news.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-10-2005, 08:54 PM   #2

Re: News from the Smudgley

Hi Smudgley Glad your daughter is feeling better now Sorry to hear about your migraines, I haven't suffered with migraines since I was pregnant with my first child. Prior to that I use to have them quite bad. They started whilst I was studying for my 'A' levels. I put them down to concentrating whilst studying Have you been to your GP as there is some regular medication you can take to prevent attacks?

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #3

I started getting them when I was about 18. Used to get them only about once or twice a year. I just used to take Nurofen or cocodomol & suffer it through. then I discovered Migraleve - they are great for me & if I take them at the begining - they tend to work & it turns into just a bad headache - not a full blown migraine. But they are getting more regular & I've had quite a few in the last few months. & 2 in one week. Yesterdays was the worst one I've had for ages. I was vomitting & just couldn't get rid of my headache, I even woke up with it today.

I mentioned to my GP last time I was there that I get bad migraines - she just said if the migraleve work for me - keep taking them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #4

Hi
I get "cluster migrains" not often, but look out when I do, at one time I was admited to hospital as (I would have died) anyway I didn't. Thats why I'm here LOL(they thought I had a bleed on the brain) Only to descover I didnt have a brain!
I'm now on beta blockers and touch wood not had one for a while. Ask your doc about them. They recond it was stress that brought them on with me. Could it be you have taken on too much or worrying.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #5

Smudgley, go back to your doc and get some medication....you shouldn't have to suffer like this

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #6

maybe I will.
Don't get me wrong these 2 in a week is very unusual for me. I usually get them every few weeks or so, hard to remember really - I just know it used to be 1 or 2 a year & now it must be 10 or more a year.
I don't think I'm stressed (no more than usual) I have a very busy workload at present, but I manage my own work & just have to prioritise when busy & and I lead a very busy life with my job & my family & my rescue cats, but that's how I like it & have always been a busy bee.
I think maybe it's because I don't go to bed very early & we are up at 5.30 in the week & with all the driving I do as well, maybe I do get a bit rundown.
Perhaps getting to bed earlier may be a start.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #7

I edited my post have a look. Please go to your doc. he will be able to help. At onetime I was injecting stuff to get rid of the pain and on morphine! the beta blockers DO work. They are propanolol. I started off with 1 a day but now on 2. It sounds to me you and me are similar, you are stressed, you just dont know it. Doing too much for too long you just accept it. Please go to your doc, he will be able to help but you have to say NO every now and again!!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-10-2005, 09:17 AM   #8

On a lighter side Smudgley.......I hope the migraines aren't more frequent because you are spending more time here on Catpages with us

Seriously, I hope you can get them sorted out....I used to suffer with them years ago but luckily I haven't had one for ages....

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
09-10-2005, 03:03 PM   #9

Glad your daughters feeling better now Smudge!