Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #11

Re: Anyone ventured out to the supermarket yet?

I've just been to Asda and it was really empty, but saying that so were the shelves

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #12

Anne! - You've got a Santa mooning on your avatar!!!

OH went to Tesco with the intention of getting our chook yesterday, drove around the car park twice - could find no parking spaces and gave up! Went to our local farm butcher's shop and came home with a lovely fresh free-range one instead. We were going to cook a gammon, but decided that it would be a waste, so he also got some home cured ham slices for the cold meat on Boxing Day.

Had a couple of unexpected visitors this morning, so sat with them chatting and having tea and then I went to our farm shop just for the fresh veg. They had an elderly gent directing the parking - the shop was full but easy, I got my carrots and broccoli (sorry Eileen!) some garlic and onions and was home within half an hour.

Now it's extreme cleaning (whilst still in the throws of left over extreme washing!) and popping around to take some pressies to a friend mid afternoon.

All in all a bit relaxed really .....................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
24-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #13

We went to asda at 6am ready for when they opened. It was great. A few people had the same idea, but wasn't too busy.
Shelves weren't very full though said they'd had trouble with a delivery not turning up! There wasn't a sliced loaf in the store So we had to make do with crusty bread

Got everything now & all sorted!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I did most of mine yesterday morning at 7.15am, no mass of crowds at all...
Snap!! we got up early yesterday popped to Sainsburys for about 7.20am and then popped to a local deli/restaurant for a well deserved cooked english breakfast

Picked up my turkey last week from the deli and popped in the freezer, it is now defrosting

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
24-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #15

did the asdas run yesterday. then popped into our local robbery shop (sorry convience store) 1-9p for a sorry looking cucumber. and also got some peanuts (in shell) lol i have to keep doing spell checker im on the baileys already (hic)
taken the dog out for a couple of little walks. hes not well so its little n often for him.
im cooking duck and turkey crown at the moment. and got a lump of beef to do as well.
the cats can have duck skin for thier tea tonight. and as u can guess reggie is staying by my side all the time while im cooking lol hes had cheese already.
if i dont get to a chance to say happy christmas (opps just said it lol)
hope the day goes well for u all. 4 legged and 2 legged friends alike

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #16

I hve been to Tesco for milk, and cat litter, and it was almost empty too, plenty of stock left though..