Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
21-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #1

Daily thread Friday

Me starting 2 daily threads in a row, wow.
Been raining all night so everything is wet & damp - but it has stopped now - so hope it stays like this, & at least try & let the builders stay dry for 1 day. Moli & Mags went yesterday, Matilda was going but is going today instead.
And I must do some housework today - I am kind of in the frame of mind, that -Oh well the builders are here, so the house can be like a pig sty so I must do some jobs today.
Hope you all have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-04-2006, 08:08 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread Friday

Same frame of mind here Smudgley - house is upside down due to the kitchen being ripped out yesterday - no point trying to make ANY room tidy as all the mess over spills into it!!!

Looks wet from last night too, but dry now so hoping for a dryer day for everyone. Just off to work in a minute and leave the builder to try and install SOMETHING into my kitchen today. Oh just a cupobard will do!!!

Have a good day everyone, chat later!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
21-04-2006, 08:13 AM   #3

mornin all going to the trafford centre today to have a good look around got to get dressed soon but have to wait for my body to wake up lol!

Have a Good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
21-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #4

Donna - it will be lovely when it's done. & you'll find he seems to be getting nowhere - then suddenly - it will all fall into place.

My builders are doing a lot of the external work first, so they haven't even been in the house yet (hence no excuse for not doing my housework ) but when they start inside I think I'll be tearing my hair out - but I'll try & keep remembering it will all be worth it in the end. (Easier said than done though)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #5

Morning all, has been raining in the night here but has dried up now but is still dull and over cast. I have a couple coming to look at Baillie today. So fingers crossed that they will be able to give her the sort of home I want for her...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #6

Builder hell everywhere this morning, still at leat you have lovely new kitchens to look forward to or to a larger house!!!

Fran - here's hoping Bailie gets that loving home!!

Today I have to run down to a solicitor and get a couple of translations notarised for clients. Then it's back up to the office with Domi to sign some payment transfers and then off (in the oposite direction) to London to see my Mum as she's missing Dominik and phones every day to speak to him.

A friend called me yesterday afternoon. She's been having a bit of a rough time recently which included losing her 18 year old cat. He was a beautiful semi-longhaired grey and white big boy . . . she was very upset as she's at home all day and only had Jonesie for company until the evenings. I really felt for her as they were very close.

I hope those who have experienced recent upset and loss here find the dawn of another day begins to bring relief. I read through last night's posts here with great sadness and my thoughts are with all that have a heavy heart.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Donna - it will be lovely when it's done & you'll find he seems to be getting nowhere - then suddenly - it will all fall into place.
Hope there won't be too much falling Donna!
But Smudgley is right, and it shows how amateur we are that we want to see someting happening now. The professionals know that it's the preparation which counts and which takes time.

I do hope the bad planetary alignment or whatever it is sorts itself soon and that everyone can feel at least positive, if not exactly joyful. Bit of spring sunshine wouldn't come amiss.

Take care everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
21-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #8

Morning all..drizzly and overcast here today..animals all asleep still on their beanbags...it seems here on CP that it is very much the morning after the night before Yesterday on a whole was such a sad day on CP..and it feels almost as if we as a community are all still in mourning
Am going to spend a lazy day in (have been doing coursework all this week) and am going to park my bum in bed and watch loadsa dvds and eat far to much chocolate...lifes to short to wory about little things!!
Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #9

Morning all....the sun is trying to break through here...

I hope the clouds will soon lift from those members affected by such sadness lately......yesterday was quite a shock, I think it hit us all. *Hugs* to everyone....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #10

Morning all (just) I am off to work soon at 1.30 - 9.00ish my lates. so I haven't got long, just had cornflakes and cold milk lovely.

In work Sat and Sun then a weeks holiday YAH.

The weather is similar to Luke's although the occasionaly hope inspiring moment or two where the sun fights his way through. But mostly drizzly, and overcast.

My Dad's head where he had the surgery to implant the hearing aid BAHA, is healing well I have to change the dressing andclean all around it every other day.

But the downside my Uncle Arnie is now ringing saying their is a group outside the house, jeering at him and laughing also they have everyone's phone numbers and his books. This has obviously
meant a couple journey's to his to double check and all is well. We have a Doctor's appointment Monday morning to see his Doctor without him I might add. Me, my Mom and Uncle Arthur to see what we can do. He is obviously getting worse.

Anyhow hope you are all okay. Hope you are all okay. On the whole we are a well rounded little group.

Take care everyone Karen