Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
19-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #1

A strange turn of events

A very strange turn of events unfolded within the last 24 hours, and I'll start by explaining as accurately as I can. Our cats have free roaming and always have done, different strokes for different folks but I've always felt their freedom is something integral to their being and it's something I would never rob a cat of. I have always stuck by better to of lived a natural life for x years than other options. But that's just me. And our boys have always roamed quite far, I've seen both a good two three miles from home as our ul de sc is borderline by natural trust land, a few stock fields and allotments and woods as well as your standard rows of terraces. On Tuesday both cats went off as usual but only maxwell returned, not unusual as William is notoriousfor disappearing off and has many alius' elsewhere ! Buta few days passed and I did wonder when the big ginger and white boy would return, when out walking the dogs late yesterday I saw a sign attached to the gates of the allotments stating a ginger and hire longhairs cat had been found there with a number to call, I rang expecting a tale of him gettin into trouble that only he and maxwell can. But alas it was the situation anyone who gifts independence to their cats dreads, this very kind chap had found William at the foot of the allotment paths as you come down from the road on Wednesday, presumably killed outright by a rta with not a mark on him. He had rather respectfully buried him in the woods which edge the allotments, obviously I haven't seen him as he is buried but he had a very distinct marking on his side.. And a strange curl too his coat, this based on where he was found and the overall description of him and his size etx leads me pretty sure it sadly was him. Very very sad in the house today, goodbye to the big fluffy tart bag I shall miss you as your stubbornness. A real independent cat through and through right to the end, he adored his freedom and could never of been contained..he died a free spirit and I have to respect that, goodbye William x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #2

Re: A strange turn of events

Luke - I am so very sorry to hear this about Maxwell. I know that you respected all your cats' independent spirits and let them come and go as they pleased, much as I do.

It is very sad but I guess you are 99% sure that it was indeed Maxwell and that he was treated with respect and buried honourably, which is a fitting tribute to his life.

RIP handsome lad, run free always.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
19-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #3

It was William Angie, but thank you for your kind words x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #4

Run free William
Luke i am very sorry for your loss, how kind of the stranger to bury him and to put a notice up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #5

Sorry Luke .......... I am sure William will forgive me.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #6

Luke, I am so sorry

Run free William ......xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
19-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #7

so sorry to hear this

sleep tight William x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #8

aww soo sorry to hear about william
run free little 1 xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #9

So very sorry to hear of Williams sad passing Luke But what a kindness by the gentleman who found him.

Run free William x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #10

Rip William xxx