Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #1

George Foreman grill

Has anyone bought the George Foreman Health Grill....model No. 10099?
I am looking for one that will cook about 4 chicken breasts or 2 - 3 steaks etc.
This model caught my eye and I would be grateful if anyone has any information about it, please....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #2

Re: George Foreman grill

Sorry Mags, I don't have any experience of them. Would be interested to know what you think of them if you get one though

Global Moderator

02-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #3

My daughter said she would get me one for my birthday Fran.....she said all her inlaws use them and think they are great. I didn't realise there were so many different models though My hubby is getting fanatical about too much fat intake and these are supposed to be good for controlling it

Catsey Junior

02-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #4

I have the smallest one that does 2 chicken breasts or one steak and it is great. Cooks meats brilliantly. I would recommend it. The only downside is the cleaning but if you get in the habit of doing it whilst it is hot its much easier.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #5

Strange you should post this link just now as I got the exact model you are asking about for christmas. Just used it tonight for the first time.

Must say firstly it is very easy to clean when you have finished using it which is a big plus point as far as I am concerned. Just a wipe down with a damp sponge and dry with kitchen roll

I cooked some thin sirloin steak tonight and put four pieces on which it had enough room for. It says to cook steak for 7 mins if you want it well done and as I havent used it before and the kids were eating the meat wanted to make sure it was cooked properly.

The meat was cooked quickly and evenly (although for my taste and the kids a bit too well done). Will try some thicker steaks next time and do it for slightly less time. All a case of trial and error at the moment.

Also bought some chicken breast fillets today so will try those too

Hope this helps!!

Global Moderator

02-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #6

That sounds brilliant Donna.....it is always nice to hear of someone who has the same one. I quite liked the look of that one and it does seem big enough if visitors pop in. Hurry up and cook those chicken breasts so I know how they turn out!
.....thanks Donna!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #7

Its good for the diet too Mags.

First day today.. and have done ok.... did the steaks with salad for me and Emma and oven chips for Sean

Willl do the chicken soon with more salad!!!

Global Moderator

02-01-2006, 08:31 PM   #8

Sounds good.....I like the healthy aspect of it....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
13-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #9

ive got a small one,its big enough for the two of us,ive cooked chicken on it and it comes out so nice n tender,done turkey on it, sasages (but their a pain to clean off afterwards) bought my daughter one and one for my MIL george has done well out of me this year,id love to ge the big babrbie one for the summer take it away camping with us,

Global Moderator

13-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #10

I couldn't get the grill I originally wanted......so I've got this one instead..

It's a good size.....but......I'm not allowed to have it until March