Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #1

wonka bar Wednesday

I know it's fictional chocolate Pamela but it fits

Waiting in today for a little while, I have ordered a chicken ark from Ebay. I've given in to Ceri, he wanted to have a hobby, he can't go back to keeping budgies so I'm going to have a small portable ark which I'll keep on the grass with 2-3 hens in just enough for a few fresh eggs. I can keep the grass short and cut down on mowing by moving the ark around and it's Ceri's job to feed and clean them.

Beautiful day again, we are being so lucky at the moment.
Hope you all have a lovely day xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #2

Re: wonka bar Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss

Waiting in today for a little while, I have ordered a chicken ark from Ebay. I've given in to Ceri, he wanted to have a hobby, he can't go back to keeping budgies so I'm going to have a small portable ark which I'll keep on the grass with 2-3 hens in just enough for a few fresh eggs. I can keep the grass short and cut down on mowing by moving the ark around and it's Ceri's job to feed and clean them.

Good morning and fantastic news Ceri has birds again the feathered variety I rush to add. I know he kept budgies but did he show them or ???????? and did he enjoy it my Grandad kept budgies he used to keep racing pidegons as a boy and young man but they were given up when he went to war WWI then he did not take anything back up but got a bird for his shop he repaired bikes and sold them then moved on to a garage which my Uncle ran Grandad liked the bikes I believe it was a canary first then a budgie Mom said he like the budgie because it whistled back to him as he worked.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss

You'll have to name the chickens are you getting ex battery ones ..............lovely idea though bet he will enjoy it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #4

I'd love to have chicken; but a bird phobia and a townhouse garden means that it's highly unlikely. I hope having something to focus on will help Ceri and act as a kind of therapy for him.

Regarding Wonka Bars - I'm sure I saw some in a shop the other day ... infact, just found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonka_Bar !

Today I am mostly interviewing for a lead generator and will be off at about 3.15pm to watch D playing inter-school cricket.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #5

Hello- been buried under tender writing for a few day- I do wish people would have the decency to respond when you have been unsuccessful. They can take ages to put together and a couple of sentence to say why they aren't using you would be so much more helpful than silence!

I was sorry to read about Ceri PP- it must be difficult sorting out power of attorney etc but it all sounds very sensible. I hope he enjoys the chickens. My OH has banned me from keeping them as he knows I wouldn't let him get rid of them when they stopped laying and we would end up with load of pet hens and no eggs!

Hi Kazz and Yola hope you are both keeping well and not rushing around too much!

It's a lovely day so I'm off to a post office to post the tender (they want hard copy and disc as well as email!) and then I'll treat myself to a wander somewhere.

Hello to anyone else dropping by

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #6

Hi all! Good news about the chooks, PP. I do hope you and Ceri enjoy having them and that they give you a good supply of eggs. You may find yourself making more cakes to use up the eggs!!!!!! (Any excuse!)

It's a beautiful day here - not to put a damper on things, but we had our first load of logs delivered early this morning. We were rung up by our usual man wanting to know if he could deliver .... wonder if there's anything up but we decided to go ahead, at least they'll be weathered by the time we need to start using them. Another load coming tomorrow so poor OH has stacked the first load and he's got another load tomorrow to do, I'll try and help. This morning I had to make another load of veggie and fruit "stuff" for the dogs as we were completely out. All done now and in the freezer. Couldn't get swede this time so they have sweet potato instead, lucky dogs!

Good to hear from you Kazz, thought you'd escaped, did you?

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #7

Thanks for all your good wishes re the chickens
The ark has arrived, 2 flat packs to assemble, hope the weather holds for tomorrow, but there's no rush.

Kazz Ceri used to keep green cinnamon lines for exhibiting and he bred about 200 youngsters a year. He can't do that anymore it's too labour intensive and his eyesight wouldn't allow the record keeping and intricate care needed.

CS. They will be point of lay hens, and when their work is over they won't go in the pot! They'll be pets.

Yola, it's a pity about the phobia, I know how you feel though, I don't think I'm fussy about handling them but the feather thing doesn't bother me. Oh and yes Wonka Bars are REAL! saw them today in Sainsburys but I'll stick to Galaxy, my favourite.

Angie, I'll have to watch my egg consumption because of my cholesterol, but we have enough family so they won't go to waste.

Watching Murray now, he's a set down and this Dimitrov is a force to be reckoned with.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #8

Late check in for me. Straight to the vet after work to see about barneys ear then home to do springer rescue calls.

Nothing exciting here today.

Kazz, good to see you back