Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #11

Re: Back from Crufts great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Kazz - how bizzare.
I don't use public transport - but on the very rare occasion that I did yesterday -
1-my train broke down
2-yours did today
3-My friend went & hers did too!

Doesn't give you much faith in the old public transport does it
Ohhh that is spooky I knew you had broken down but coming home I could hear people saying their train had broken down and they had to transfer to a BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to get there. Doesn't give you a lot of faith though you are right but have to say glad I was on a train rather than fighting my way out of the carpark

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
10-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #12

Yes me too.
& to be fair my delay was only very brief & we hopped off & onto another fairly quickly. Had some dogs with us too, but they didn't care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #13

Hi all - my gawd I am cream crackered! Had a great time. Will speak tomorrow.
Really enjoyed seeing everyone........and my trains were great!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #14

Glad you had a good time DM...will look forward to hearing about it tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #15

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #16

Had a good day today. Was really great to meet Kazz & DM. Gald you both got home safely. A couple of people commented about my shirt with cats on!!

As we don't have any dogs at the moment we didn't do much shopping this year, but I couldn't resist buying some dog treats, I can always take them to the animal sanctuary. I did buy some cat food from the Burns stand! We queued for 3/4 hour to watch the flyball and rescue dogs agility and saw some more agility later on in the main ring. We went to Discover Dogs hoping to see Dawn but she wasn't there, was a shame but I have met her before. Hope everyone has a great day if you are going tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #17

Well - it was a great day out, but I think we should have all copied the example of the nice Irish girl from Dogweb who had gone online and checked out all the exhibitors and made herself a print-out of stuff she wanted to see!
Compare that with Kazz and I who circumnavigated the Pedigree stand 3 times before finally finding a route to whatever hall we were seeking!
It was most enjoyable but if I go again I would like to sit or stand by a ring for long enough to really get the hang of what goes on. Also, watch more of the demonstrations. I saw a really good demonstration of the Canine Good Citizen (or something) training, which was very good, explained clearly and simply and basically showed what every dog should know/do to be a 'good boy'. Also saw some much higher level obedience from the 'professional' dogs.
It was a long day though - left the house at 7 and returned at 7.

It was lovely to meet Kim and her husband and daughter. You will not be suprised to know that she is a very bright and friendly part of a nice family.

Dawn was soooooo busy with her lovely Border Terrorists at the Discover Dogs section. They were extremely popular every time I went near (yes that was another section I passed more than once!). It was good to meet her and put a face to the name; I was very disappointed that Wiggy had not made the journey!

You will all be pleased to hear that Kazz looked very well and was bright as anything and organised, to the extent that she brought me some lunch! We were both pathetic at navigation though! Kazz's hair looks good, so whoever was mourning the loss of her hair length - don't. Nice style and lovely colour.
We recognised each other easily - which is good seeing as we hadn't met or really seen very good pics of each other. It's the CP 'aura'!

I took my camera but didn't take it out of my bag Sorry. It was just tooooo hectic. Next time!

My goodness, I've whittered on. In a nutshell - great day out!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #18

I'm delighted everyone had such a great time. So jealous that all those CPers managed to meet. I couldn't even entertain going to Crufts sadly (watched in on TV though) coz my allergy would probably hospitalize me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
11-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #19

Really wanted to got this year but as I hurt my back I couldn't. I will be thinking of my friends today as they will be showing their German Spitz. Glad you had a lovely time Kazz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #20

Very pleased to hear you all had such a splendid time