Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #1

What a hectic week

Am I glad this week is over. Have been soooooo busy, what with trying to rehome Tia, look after my 3 and do the intro's. Work was busy as hell all week. Friend called mid week, very upset, her mother died very suddenly. My poor friend and her family are devastated. Her mother was only 50. My friend obviously wanted to be with her family up north so I also had the extra duty of looking after her conure, Gladys. Then another friend and her husband split up, so have had her calling alot too. I am emotionally knackered and looking forward to a bit of a lie in tomorrow, but only if the cats will allow me to have one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #2

Re: What a hectic week

switch off the phone, leave the curtains drawn and pretend your not in lol. I do when I'm knackered, but then I dont have friends In real need like that, usually i got the woman over the road brining her spoilt child here, who smacks elliot around the face after SHE takes HIS juice and he wants it back!
I quite often pretend i'm not in when she calls, they sit here like ALL day, mess up the house big time, the little girl is rude, nasty and spoilt, and the mum's a sandwich short of a picnic.

you need to rest up though elaine, it's good to be there for your friends but there'll be nothing left of you to be there soon if you don't rest

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #3

Managed to get an extra hour in bed. Old boy Winston wasnt very happy about it though and is now being very demanding bless his old bones.
Cannt really switch off phone etc. Have to be there for friends as they have been very good friends and would do the same for me if I needed them.
Have to say i really enjoy looking after my friends little conure. Gladys is so lovely. I bought her a new toy for her cage and as I was putting it in she very quickly and sneakily climbed up my arm and onto my shoulder. Was very worried that I'd never get her back in her cage as I have never had her out with out her mum being there. She was as good as gold. We sat and watched a bit of telly and had a good natter. Was trying to teach her to say "I love you" but oh no she would rather say "Bye bye". Will keep trying though. I could talk to her all day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #4

You have had a busy week!!! Look after yourself too and take some time for yourself otherwise you will be exhausted!!! Have a lazy Sunday today x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
19-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #5

Sorry to hear you haven't had a good week Elaine, hope you get a good rest today and are ready to face things again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #6

Oh Elaine - that's the kind of week we don't need too many of.
Hope that's the end of the drama now and you can chill a little.
Remember - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.........it's true!
Take care

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #7

Look after yourself Elaine...take care..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #8

Hope next week is better for you Elaine {{{Hugs}}}