Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #1

Friday

Afternoon all .......... it's brightened up here, we had thunder and lightning this morning and a couple of heavy showers. My gardening chap came through a very heavy rain storm on his way to us this morning - he said visibility was so poor, cars were crawling along. Nothing that heavy here though. It's the Garden Show at Stansted starting today and through the w/end and I had hoped to go today but am not feeling well enough. Maybe later, with any luck. It's a lovely show and I do try to go if at all possible. Can't believe it's almost a week ago since the dog show - very glad I was feeling OK then, even though poor OH had the bug then.

Thinking about Karen and hoping that she is managing to keep busy and I am sending her virtual hugs.

Oh, need to say that Kizzy is a cure-cat (even if a bit temporary). My right ear is blocking up and if you've ever suffered with blocked ear you'll understand how awkward it is with a sort of lop-sided mono sound. I gave Kizzy a cuddle this morning, she was laying partially on my shoulder and so I could lay my sore blocked ear on her lovely warm purring side. My ear cleared and has been clear for most of the morning, beginning to block again now ..... "Kizzy, oh Kizzy ......... would you like another wee cuddle darling???"

Have a good day everyone, hope all is well with you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #2

Re: Friday

Evening Angie!
Busy day here, had the builders in doing the conservatory door. We seem to be having a lot of work done but since Ceri's stroke all the little jobs he would normally do or supervise I have had to take on or delegate to professionals. The men I have working for me are all good workmen and people my family have known for years and I trust them, that is such a comfort and they always go the extra mile. Gareth noticed my conservatory roof needed a good clean and he he did that and made good some sealant work whilst he did it. He is a godsend.

Dashed off to the vets last night with Posh, I hadn't said anything but she tumbled off a worktop on Tuesday, didn't seem to have hurt herself but for the last 2 days she has been quiet and off her food. A quick injection and some metacam and she feels more herself although her appetite is still poor. Maybe Kizzy can send purrs and cuddles to her cyber friend to aid her recovery! Glad she 'cured' you

My love to Karen too- bless her, bet she's feeling lost today. xxx for Kazz xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #3

PP - Kizzy sends loads of virtual purrrrs and hopes that Posh is feeling herself again very soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #4

Karen oddly enough has been asleep most of today I had this morning been up for 3 hours........just catching up and popped on to say I am actually fine. Thank you all.

Catsey Veteran

07-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Afternoon all .......... it's brightened up here, we had thunder and lightning this morning and a couple of heavy showers. My gardening chap came through a very heavy rain storm on his way to us this morning - he said visibility was so poor, cars were crawling along. Nothing that heavy here though. It's the Garden Show at Stansted starting today and through the w/end and I had hoped to go today but am not feeling well enough. Maybe later, with any luck. It's a lovely show and I do try to go if at all possible. Can't believe it's almost a week ago since the dog show - very glad I was feeling OK then, even though poor OH had the bug then.

Thinking about Karen and hoping that she is managing to keep busy and I am sending her virtual hugs.

Oh, need to say that Kizzy is a cure-cat (even if a bit temporary). My right ear is blocking up and if you've ever suffered with blocked ear you'll understand how awkward it is with a sort of lop-sided mono sound. I gave Kizzy a cuddle this morning, she was laying partially on my shoulder and so I could lay my sore blocked ear on her lovely warm purring side. My ear cleared and has been clear for most of the morning, beginning to block again now ..... "Kizzy, oh Kizzy ......... would you like another wee cuddle darling???"

Have a good day everyone, hope all is well with you?
Poor you Angie but pleased Kizzy is a cure cat. I must try to find the pictures from the show.

Catsey Veteran

07-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Evening Angie!
Busy day here, had the builders in doing the conservatory door. We seem to be having a lot of work done but since Ceri's stroke all the little jobs he would normally do or supervise I have had to take on or delegate to professionals. The men I have working for me are all good workmen and people my family have known for years and I trust them, that is such a comfort and they always go the extra mile. Gareth noticed my conservatory roof needed a good clean and he he did that and made good some sealant work whilst he did it. He is a godsend.

Dashed off to the vets last night with Posh, I hadn't said anything but she tumbled off a worktop on Tuesday, didn't seem to have hurt herself but for the last 2 days she has been quiet and off her food. A quick injection and some metacam and she feels more herself although her appetite is still poor. Maybe Kizzy can send purrs and cuddles to her cyber friend to aid her recovery! Glad she 'cured' you

My love to Karen too- bless her, bet she's feeling lost today. xxx for Kazz xxx

Good builders are a Godsend, and they put your mind at rest. Poor Posh - ouch......maybe she will pick up when she feels a bit better however maybe the warmer weather has decreased her appitite.