Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #11

Re: Kitties & Measuring Tape

You know...now that I think of it, he goes limp when you pick him up..isn't that common with the ragdoll?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 Cats
08-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #12

Yes very common!!! Muffins a devil for it!

Catsey Senior

08-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #13

Seal Mitted Ragdoll thats what yours is!

http://www.usaragdolls.com/Ragdoll101.htm

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #14

!!!!
That would explain even though I'm strict with his diet he's STILL growing (approx. 1 years old this month...). He's also very poor at jumping unless it's climbing something like a cat tree. And his voice never changed when he was a baby to now..it's still high pitched, maybe that is the musical voice they are talking about??
I wonder...his background was really hairy and he was full of parasites when I got him from a woman who would not disclose his origin..do you think an aspiring not so ethical backyard breeder might have tried their hand at ragdolls? Hmmm.. very interesting. It's fun to play detective!
I'm even more excited to go to my first cat show this weekend..maybe I can really see in person the similarities!

Catsey Senior

08-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #15

Muffin weighs 4.5kg and he is 9 months old. They aren't fully grown until at least 2 years old so still a lot of growing to do. As it said they can get upto 9kg + I got Muffin fairly cheap because of his damaged tail. When he was born his tail was damaged so the Mother bit the damaged part off. I think she may have because of their high price they sell for, i think on average its about £300+

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #16

I'll have to weigh him today to see where he's at, he's definitely a solid boy..not fat..but muscular. I was looking at his baby pix the other day and I could not believe how much he has grown and seems to continue to do so.
Everything sounds like ragdoll. It's just so difficult for me to imagine someone basically throwing away a purebred, but I do hear it happens often if they are unethical or they think they are defected. It was obvious to me he'd never been vetted in his life at the age of five months..that's the part that would really make this all the more crazy. The girl who advertised him to me was very young and only had him a week according to her...I know an ethical breeder would not have sold to her. Or maybe she was a BYB herself and that is why she gave me the run around about how she "forgot" where she got him from when I asked for his history
She sold him to me for only $15. The more I think of it, the more the plot thickens..

Catsey Senior

08-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #17

On the plus he is safe and happy with you and you got a purebreed for really cheap!! I paid £120 for Muffin.

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #18

Yeah, even if he's not purebred I love him. I saw his face in the ad and just could not stop thinking about him. And where he was just did not sound like a good place to be. He could be an Elephant for all I care but it really is very interesting to speculate and look into his character more and possibilities of background

Catsey Senior

09-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #19

Have a look at my thread with my pics of Muffin in "My Big Soppy ragdoll" see what you think.

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #20

Ah! Heading over now...