Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
07-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #1

Cat Milk v Lactose reduced.

((Hello All))

Hope everyone's doing well. We're all doing great here in Soggy Somerset.

I've been getting Morrison's own brand cat milk for Billy but they've changed the formula and it's going solid very quickly (not sour, no bad smell - just like jelly!). Obviously that's leading to a lot of waste so I'm looking for a new brand to give him that doesn't have this problem.

Would it be ok to give him 'normal' lactose-free milk or is there some reason it needs to be 'Cat Milk'?

Has anyone else had this problem with their milk?

Gaina

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #2

Re: Cat Milk v Lactose reduced.

Never tried this particular brand Gaina, sorry. Have not found that my cats like any sort of cat milk. They do like the occasional small amount of "normal" milk and don't seem to have lactose intolerance. I know there is a human lactose free milk on the market. Have you tried that? If you like it too there's less likely to be wastage.

Catsey Junior

08-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Never tried this particular brand Gaina, sorry. Have not found that my cats like any sort of cat milk. They do like the occasional small amount of "normal" milk and don't seem to have lactose intolerance. I know there is a human lactose free milk on the market. Have you tried that? If you like it too there's less likely to be wastage.
If Billy drinks normal milk, let's just say the person who cleans the litter tray next day is the one who pays for it .

I have been reading a bit more on the subject and it seems that 'cat milk' is specially formulated and has additional essential nutrients, like Taurine for eyesight so I think I'm better off just trying a different brand that doesn't turn to blancmange!

Catsey Junior

31-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #4

Problem solved!! I had a brain wave and put the bowl on top of one of those ice packs you buy to put in your cool bags for picnics - no more milk jelly!