Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Tortoiseshell
12-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #1

New Home for Fudge

I am hoping to find a new home for my cat Fudge.

I found her on the streets in the Middle East a couple of years ago when I was teaching there. She had three kittens with her. Fortunately I found homes for the kittens but nobody wanted the mother cat so I kept her.

I brought her back to the UK and she is in excellent health but a little on the large side, around 5kg. (She is on Hills Science Plan Light.) Fudge is approximately 5 years old. She is litter trained, speyed, microchipped and insured for another year. She is very playful, affectionate and friendly.

I have to give her up as my housing situation has changed. I am forced to live with my parents again. My mum dislikes cats and doesn't want Fudge in her house. She is currently only allowed access to one room in the house and the garden.

I am trying to find a permanent and loving home for her, as I don't know when my situation will change and my mum is not happy at all. We live in east London and any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
13-10-2015, 03:45 AM   #2

Re: New Home for Fudge

Please carry out a homecheck and ask a 'donation' (you can give this to your favoured charity). There are bad people out there who take 'free' pets to use as bait to train fighting dogs on. A home check & the donation will help prevent this

Have you asked your local cats protection if they will take in?

13-10-2015, 09:04 AM   #3

Hi, I understand the dangers of advertising privately. It's hard to believe people can be so cruel. I've spoken to many people at charities/shelters and was advised to post on a cat forum for help. Everywhere is full.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
13-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #4

Hi Julie, my heart goes out to you in your situation. If I was near you, I would take Fudge in a moment. but I live in New Zealand. I wish you all the best of luck in finding Fudge a wonderful home. I know you must love her very much. I am praying that your mum may be persuaded to have a change of heart and allow you to keep your beautiful girl. All the very best to you and Fudge.

13-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #5

Thank you, that's very kind of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
18-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #6

Have you tried advertising on social media? Sometimes that works