Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
26-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #1

First cat show

We took Myrtle to her first cat show yesterday.
It was only down the road so we thought it would be prefect. I had never been to a cat show before never mind showed a cat.

First impressions where "oh my god weird cat people"
I think of myself as a cat person , not that weird tho.
I had been warned about this so expected it. You know the sort of people that know everything and wont let you get word in. I was nicely surprised meeting a fair few other cat breeders.

I met a lovley lady who breeds Burmilla cats , and a another lovely lady who breeds Sphynx cats. I wanted to take one of the Burmillas home with me, Even the OH liked it.
I saw plenty of huge Maine Coons and some famous breeders.

Myrtle went into the Kitten group and she got an EX 3 , number one went to one of the best maine coons of the show and number two went to a little grey mainecoon with a slightly better muzzle than Myrtles. "so they say "

Well all in all it was a good show, happy to get an EX for little Myrtle. When her Muzzle matures a bit I might show her again. I would like to take both cats next time, not in a big rush to do another show tho as all this waiting round and caged cats wasn't my thing.

let me out

Cell C4

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #2

Re: First cat show

Love her expression in that first pic! Congrats to her; hope she got some treats for being a good girl at the show.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #3

What an experience for you all - well done Myrtle!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
26-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #4

Well done , you and Myrtle have done really well, bet you are really pleased and proud of her.
How did Myrtle cope with being in the cage?
Did she appear to like it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #5

Well done, Myrtle got a rossette!! She looks very relaxed; mine would be trying to eat their way out of the cage faced with the same situation

I think any place that is so intensely-focused will get its fair share of passionate people; cat showing is probably no different . . . glad you 'kind of' enjoyed it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #6

well done to Myrtle. She looks v laid back. Good to see they gave her a rossie that matches her coat!!