Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #1

Thursday morning

Morning all

Wide awake and not raring to go here I am getting "cabin fever" I think but the stitches are out in my knee next week.
Two chairs I brought were delivered yesterday by Asda these are they... http://direct.asda.com/Fjord-Tub-Cha...efault,pd.html wanted new chairs for the kitchen and liked the idea of ones with arms these are soooo comfortable not sure how long the white seat will remain white but they are wipable so should be no issue really.
Thing is they are tempting me to decorate the eating end of the kitchen.

Stitches out of my knee next Wed and going to have a go at driving the car today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #2

Re: Thursday morning

Morning Kazz .......... like the chairs! Look quite retro, not sure about the legs though. Please be very careful if you try driving, sorry to be a worrywort (I still miss Eileen).

Very grey and overcast here. OH has gone to the dentist. He went on Monday for the usual checkup and the dentist thinks he has an infection under a crown. Nowadays there is new treatment for this condition, so OH doesn't have to have the crown removed and go through all that. He'll find out today what's to be done.

I am planning a bit of a shift round of rooms, trouble is I'm not strong enough to move furniture and OH has back/hip/knee/ankle problems, so I need to have a good plan and then try and find a couple of strong chaps to give us a hand, won't take long once I've thought the sequence through.

Oh, Kazz - OH found me a site that lists pros and cons of various types of handwarmer, but then he found something else that's quite a bit more expensive but sounds just right for me. If you like I'll PM you the links.

Pamela, I hope you are feeling better today.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #3

Good morning, it's mizzley here today, two very damp cats are kipping on the sofa and chair after doing their morning wanders.

Ceri is out with his mate in the cafe putting the world to rights. I should be cleaning etc but really can't be bothered today. Feeling a bit headachy and flu'y, hope nothing comes of it.

Take care driving Kazz that knee should be used gently until the sutures are out. Hope Pamela is feeling better too, this virus is knocking down people like nine pins here.

Good luck to your OH going to the dentist for the abscess treatment, rather him than me, and he's got dodgy knees/ankles you say, poor lad take care of him Angie! Although out in all weathers playing golf he must have some sticking power

Liked the chairs Kazz, very retro as Angie said, we just have a breakfast bar and two stools which I admit I hardly use as we tend to eat in the living room. A bad habit which I must break!

My SIL is coming home from hospital today after keyhole surgery, must go and get flowers for her, see you later. x

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning Kazz .......... like the chairs! Look quite retro, not sure about the legs though. Please be very careful if you try driving, sorry to be a worrywort (I still miss Eileen).

Very grey and overcast here. OH has gone to the dentist. He went on Monday for the usual checkup and the dentist thinks he has an infection under a crown. Nowadays there is new treatment for this condition, so OH doesn't have to have the crown removed and go through all that. He'll find out today what's to be done.

I am planning a bit of a shift round of rooms, trouble is I'm not strong enough to move furniture and OH has back/hip/knee/ankle problems, so I need to have a good plan and then try and find a couple of strong chaps to give us a hand, won't take long once I've thought the sequence through.

Oh, Kazz - OH found me a site that lists pros and cons of various types of handwarmer, but then he found something else that's quite a bit more expensive but sounds just right for me. If you like I'll PM you the links.

Pamela, I hope you are feeling better today.

Have a good day folks.
Ouch on the tooth front.

Yes please on the hand warmers link and the leg part came all in one piece and soldered so very secure (parents) really comfortable according to them and helps both of them stand up with the arms on the chair so practical as well as looking good. So hard to find chairs with arms for a kitchen setting.

When you say moving rooms around to you mean a complete change of usage? or ..........

I will be careful about the driving.........just going to try and see by starting the car up and moving backwards and forwards in the garden first.

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Good morning, it's mizzley here today, two very damp cats are kipping on the sofa and chair after doing their morning wanders.

Ceri is out with his mate in the cafe putting the world to rights. I should be cleaning etc but really can't be bothered today. Feeling a bit headachy and flu'y, hope nothing comes of it.

Take care driving Kazz that knee should be used gently until the sutures are out. Hope Pamela is feeling better too, this virus is knocking down people like nine pins here.

Good luck to your OH going to the dentist for the abscess treatment, rather him than me, and he's got dodgy knees/ankles you say, poor lad take care of him Angie! Although out in all weathers playing golf he must have some sticking power

Liked the chairs Kazz, very retro as Angie said, we just have a breakfast bar and two stools which I admit I hardly use as we tend to eat in the living room. A bad habit which I must break!

My SIL is coming home from hospital today after keyhole surgery, must go and get flowers for her, see you later. x
Tell your sister in law to take it easy..........

I think flu sort of thing is out and about now....take care and have a couple of chocolates.

See that's the thing Mom and especially Dad were eating in the living room as the chairs in the kitchen were/are heavy and he found that he was hurting his arms moving them so I have decided to get these strong/lighter to move/easy to clean/practical/bright. They are back in the kitchen now and even found Dad asleep in his this morning - he dozes off easily.

Have to qualify I think the driving thing I am just starting the car up and back and forwards in the garden. Stitches out next Wed - have been walking round the block with Bella and now up to 3 times a day........easy stroll though not walk walk.

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #6

Posted by Yola

Planning application was unanimously rejected by the council.

Congratulations to citizen Smith and Co

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Ouch on the tooth front.

Yes please on the hand warmers link and the leg part came all in one piece and soldered so very secure (parents) really comfortable according to them and helps both of them stand up with the arms on the chair so practical as well as looking good. So hard to find chairs with arms for a kitchen setting.

When you say moving rooms around to you mean a complete change of usage? or ..........

I will be careful about the driving.........just going to try and see by starting the car up and moving backwards and forwards in the garden first.
Yes, poor hubby. He has two appointments next week, but I suppose at least the tooth is dead, so it shouldn't hurt .......

I did have to read that twice - thought you'd been soldering your parents .... NO silly me! I know what you mean. Quick story of when I worked years ago transferring Social Services records onto computer .... elderly lady had been loaned an "Ejector Cushion". Next entry said "Client gone to Australia". Some power in those ejector cushions

The room thing ........ I am hoping to use the "garden room" (MIL's bed-sitting room) as an art/sewing room and make the cats' room into a comfier room for them by giving them a bed to sleep on and generally get the arty/sewing things out of that room and here in the study all transferred to MY CRAFT ROOM. Hopefully, there will also be a sofabed and the existing TV, and my CD player etc. so I can lounge when not feeling like doing other things. It will also free up the study for things that need computer access. The only purchase necessary is the sofabed and perhaps some new curtains, which I will now be able to make myself.

Well done Yola and neighbours too btw - that'll teach BT, but I expect they will appeal.

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #8

Sounds like a plan there Angie - Is the sofa bed going to be used from time to time if not why not try a chaise longue?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Tell your sister in law to take it easy..........

I think flu sort of thing is out and about now....take care and have a couple of chocolates.

See that's the thing Mom and especially Dad were eating in the living room as the chairs in the kitchen were/are heavy and he found that he was hurting his arms moving them so I have decided to get these strong/lighter to move/easy to clean/practical/bright. They are back in the kitchen now and even found Dad asleep in his this morning - he dozes off easily.

Have to qualify I think the driving thing I am just starting the car up and back and forwards in the garden. Stitches out next Wed - have been walking round the block with Bella and now up to 3 times a day........easy stroll though not walk walk.
I knew you'd be sensible, sorry to look like I was being a nag
SIL is home, resting and taking it easy. Her hubby and daughters are waiting on her which is nice I haven't got flowers yet as I remembered that there are certain ones she's allergic to, so I'll be safe and get fruit for her.

It's been dark all day here today and I'm feeling v tired, it may be to do with the scaffolding still being up against the outside of the house and blocking light into the living room. Still the cats are sleeping fast, so its not just me then

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #10

evening all.
Karen, sounds like your knee is healing well, i like the chairs
Angie, hope your hubby went on ok at the dentist
PP, glad your SIL is out of hospital and ok
Pamela, hope you are ok
Things not brilliant here realy, have some problems with certain members of family that i can't discuss but i'm fed up to the back teeth realy.
Out tonight with my cousins , one of whom also has problems, it's going to be a fun night,lol