Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
30-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #241

Re: Eileen (dandysmom)

Oh! Have we not reached land yet? Must be my tummy rumbling that made me think the strongest smell was of people in town cooking...

How's everyone doing with the time zone change? You do realise that regardless of what area we come up, it's some where in the middle of the night now?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
30-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
No further news on Eileen yet - I have emailed her friend who is looking after Leia to see if she has any news.
Thanks Mags! SO glad you've got people to get in touch with to find out what news they might have...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #243

Yes, thanks Mags. I am getting concerned. People don't stay in hospital quite so long for no reason.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #244

I have spoken to Mags about this and iIf we do not hear from anyone regarding Eileen by Thursday/Friday remembering the time difference and also the fact that Eileens friends may not realise how much we are "invested" in each other.

We are remember a forum an internet forum......and they have lives to live as well.
So if we do not hear I will ring the hospital again and try to see how the land lies.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Yes, thanks Mags. I am getting concerned. People don't stay in hospital quite so long for no reason.
She has been suffering with Emphysema (COPD) for quite a while and I know she had it very bad when she last posted on Catsey. It's a disease that cannot be cured but treatment can help to ease it ...... considering Eileen's age, that may take a while and she may be on oxygen.

Global Moderator

30-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #246

Quote:
She has been suffering with Emphysema (COPD) for quite a while and I know she had it very bad when she last posted on Catsey. It's a disease that cannot be cured but treatment can help to ease it ...... considering Eileen's age, that may take a while and she may be on oxygen.
I am in contact with her neighbour and her friends, I have asked them both if they can keep me updated with news ....... so I have to rely on them.

Eileen may be finding it difficult to speak, what with her breathlessness and I don't expect the hospital itself will pass on her confidential information to us personally. She will have read all our messages by now and that is bound to have cheered her up that we are thinking of her.

I will just add that Eileen gave Christopher, her neighbour, my email address about 4 or 5 years ago with instructions to contact me if any 'occasion' occurred. I'm sure he will keep updating in his own time.

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #247

Quote:
I am in contact with her neighbour and her friends, I have asked them both if they can keep me updated with news ....... so I have rely on them.

Eileen may be finding it difficult to speak, what with her breathlessness and I don't expect the hospital itself will pass on her confidential information to us personally. She will have read all our messages by now and that is bound to have cheered her up that we are thinking of her.

I will just add that Eileen gave Christopher, her neighbour, my email address about 4 or 5 years ago with instructions to contact me if any 'occasion' occurred. I'm sure he will keep updating in his own time.
Thanks Mags,
it is very worrying. I do hope Eileen is improving, as you say her conditions are chronic and she is no doubt feeling very weak and weary.

Global Moderator

30-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #248

Update: 30.3.11

I have received a message with the most recent info from Carolyn.

Eileen is still in hospital and each day, for several days, the docs have said she would be discharged, so things are still a little up in the air. Maybe today.
When she does leave hospital, she will be joining Leia at Carolyn's place for at least a few days.

Now, the next bit I have kept from you all, except Kazz, for about a week. I'm sorry about that but I didn't feel it was my place to post it on the open forum at the time until I had heard more. All I will say is the doctors have discovered a mass (PM me if you don't understand). Eileen is scheduled at the moment for surgery on April 11th but the schedule always seems to be changing.

I have told Carolyn that Catsey would love to send Eileen some flowers and GW cards to help cheer her up but I didn't know whether she would still be in hospital or at home. Carolyn said Eileen would love some contact from us all but to wait until she is going to be somewhere for sure for a few days.

When she gets to Carolyn's place, she will at least have email again. She will let me know when there is more definite news.

In the meantime Carolyn has requested that we all keep Eileen in our thoughts and prayers please.

I hope to hear from her again soon,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
30-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #249

oh no, not the best news we were hoping for, praying that the mass is beningh(sp). really glad she is going to stay with her friend when she gets out. stay strong eileen!! x x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #250

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the mass, I was worried it might be something like that; We will just have to pray harder to get her through this ordeal.
Understand about the discharge and such; K was like that too in hospital and we were always waiting for things to change depending on everyone else's schedule and how it all would coincide.
Lots of thoughts and good vibes...