Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #1

Lionel Blairs - dog kidnapped

Did anyone see "This Morning" Lionel Blair was talking about Florence his dog that he thinks has been kidnapped. He is very upset He is in tears poor man, apparently he and his wife were out walking her in the park and the dog was gone - he thinks kidnapped she is old and he says almost deaf. Such a shame scares you though doesn't it- dog theft is becoming a big deal.

Someone who lives very close to me (though I don;t know them) was in the paper last week their 16 week old Staffie pup wa stolen from their locked fenced back garden - a picture etc in the Evening Mail.

And a couple of weeks before a family who had had their CKCS stolen from their son 15 who was out walking him with two friends - the CKCS was evetually handed in to the dogs home or somewhere.

But it is a scary thought; but it makes you wonder what you have to do to be safe, apart from common sense - but is that enough.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #2

Re: Lionel Blairs - dog kidnapped

Poor man, must be devestated....
It is happening all the time unfortunately! near to were I live there were a lot of Staffies being stolen, they reckoned they were being used for dog fighting!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #3

Yeah there is lots of that round here to Moli. Mind you its always been around just becomes "newsworthy" every now and again. But this kidnapping thing for money is a new thing - I think. such a shame you would be distraught wouldn't, it would be the not knowing that did it.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #4

My two staffies love people, but only if I am talking to them, they will not run up to strangers, someone comes to the door, they will bark, and peak round my legs at them,if I am okay with them then they say hello!
#I never let my dogs oput of my sight Kazz, luckily I live so far away from towns, they are safe, but still keep my eye on them all the time....There are some horrible people out there!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
16-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #5

Thats a really nasty thing to do. Did they do it specifically to Lionel Blair because he is a celebrity? Thinking they would get a lot of money out of him?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #6

Poor man must be at his wits end!
We has an incident a few years back with a boxer, It was worth a fortune! The people who stole him scaled a 7ft fence with barbed wire and something else but cant remember the exact details now. Anyway there was a huge bit in the paper about this dogs pedigree ect. The rotten b******d cut its chip out and send it on to them. They paid up and got the dog back BUT he had been castrated.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #7

Poor man, he must be so upset.........I hope the dog is alright and returned to him soon.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
16-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #8

Dont wish to sound negative here, and I do hope the dog gets home safely, but why on earth was an almost deaf dog LOOSE in a public place and obviously not supervised properly?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #9

This is so sad Really hope he gets his dog back soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
17-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #10

Does anyone know if he has got his dog back yet? Poor man