Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #1

Just a few of Jennie

Here's a few of poor Jen and her new 'look'. (She was spayed at the same time as having her tail done so that's what the wound on her side is).

She's doing fine, and eating fine as you can see. I had to take her bowl away to get a pic of her face and she wasn't pleased with me at all for that!

Bless her. x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #2

Re: Just a few of Jennie

She's lovely Random! She still has a fair bit of tail left hasn't she.....I expected it to be a little stumpy tail ...

Considering what she has been through, all her wounds look very clean and healing well....

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2007, 07:19 PM   #3

Thanx Mags. I think it helps that she had such a long tail to start with, we've always thought a bit of siamese in her (vet thinks the same) but she did have a really long slender tail, so i'd say there is just under half of it left now. You can tell by her expression when she moves it that it must feel very strange to her now not having it all but she is getting used to it I think.

Her stiches are all healing up very nicely, she is on antibiotics anyway but no problems, so it's so far so good!

Thought we may aswell get the spay done at the same time anyway, saves her having to be taken in again at least.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #4

That was good thinking to get her spayed at the same time, it saved her having to go under the anaesthetic again...

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #5

Thanx Mags I thought it a good idea too, I always worry about them being operated on as I made the choice to have my rabbit speyed a few years ago and she died 2 days later.

So rather than Jen go in for 2 op's and twice the risk, best to get it all sorted at once.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
20-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #6

awww bless her shes lovely Random I was expecting her to have a little stump too.Bless her

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #7

Awwww, she looks so well considering what she has been through! I agree spey at the same time was an excellent idea. Do hope she continues to do so well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #8

Aww she's lovely. Wishing her a speedy recovery xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #9

Aww bless her, she has been through so much, pleased to hear she is recovering well....lovely girl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
20-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #10

She's lovely, such a sweet face.
My grandparents had a big ginger tom, Susie incidentally as he was presumed a she once upona time, who caught his tail in a snare..and had about 2 thirds taken off, bit like jennie. You do get used too it eventually, he's still knocking about at the age of 12 and doesn't act any different to a full tailed cat