Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
15-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #1

Updates

Sorry I have been in and out. Lots of things going on.

My mom and dad's divorce was very messy and there is a court case pending for my dad for harassment charges that has been dragging for the last year. His sentencing could be anywhere from not guilty to probation to a year in jail. My Dad is frail at 78 years old and advanced kidney disease which requires dialysis every other day. Jail would be very bad for him.

My dad became recently homeless. Long story short, his nursing home kicked him out on the street. We've had our spats over the last year but I do not leave family to die on the street in the cold so he's moved in with us temporarily until he can secure an apartment of his own. Unfortunately, the waiting list for government assisted senior housing is running six months long right now. He's been very helpful and respectful. Scared us last week and fell down the stairs and aggravated his hip replacement. It's been nice for Eva to get to know her grandfather though.

My mom and I have been on the outs. She left state to go be with a young new boyfriend (ten years my junior) and has been going crazy partying and acting like an 18 year old. Not my idea for what I was hoping Eva to have as a grandmother but I understood she was going through her own crisises. However, her new beau contacted me and made threats against my family to the point I called the police and had it documented. Since then we are no longer on speaking terms.

Hubby was feeling ill and at my insistence went to the doctor and diagnosed with Diabetes. Trying to get this under control. Getting him health insurance was not really in the budget but necessary for his conditon so we worked something out. Thank goodness for credit cards, right?

Eva is doing famously but in a very fussy stage as she's cutting three teeth right now and we're trying to master transitioning her out of our family bed and into the crib which she's fighting full force.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #2

Re: Updates

Tink, I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a worrying time lately I hope things will start to improve soon.

Pleased to hear Eva is doing well ..... good luck with the switch over to her crib

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #3

nice to hear from you Tink, sorry to hear about all the family problems, parents can be such a trial. It's good that you felt able to take your dad in until he finds a place of his own, hope that happens soon.
Glad Eva is doing well, be strong re the bed issue, reassuring but firm, you need your own space.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-04-2014, 11:21 PM   #4

Sending calming and positive vibes for you Tink. It's been a rough time for you, and can't have been easy to deal with x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
19-04-2014, 03:13 AM   #5

Sorry to hear of all the upsets, hope they begin to sort themselves out soon for you x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #6

Hi Tink, gosh, I do hope things improve for you soon. I'm sure it will all turn out OK in the end.Look after yourself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #7

Hi Tink, you seem to have been on one heck of a roller coaster of problems recently, I can only wish you peace and comfort during all the upheaval. You are very kind and compassionate, I only hope that the folks you are going out of your way to accommodate can see that you are investing in their welfare.

Good to hear that Eva is a joy for you, I bet her smiles are worth all the worry you are surrounded by. I'm sure her teething phase will soon pass and her crib to bed transfer will come too.

Take care sweetie, watch your own health and find moments of calm in your day to think of yourself first.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #8

Tink, so sorry to hear about your family's problems. Don't know what to say but send ((((HUGS))))