Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: one beautiful girl
15-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #1

Hi

Hello, my name is Stacey and i have acquired a cat she found me as a stray about a week ago, and after posting online, and putting up posters i haven't been able to find her owners, however a few people have mentioned they had seen her wondering for a few weeks, she is dreadfully thon and desperate for some tlc, which she is getting from me, she has started to put a little weight on but as i have never owned a cat before I'm kind of as lost as her at the minute.
so any info would be appreciated, i don't know her breed or actual age or anything, the vet said she estimated her at around 18 months, and sadly no microchip or collar.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #2

Re: Hi

Hello Stacey, welcome to our happy crew
Thank you for saving this puss from her stray life, I'm sure she will respond with love and affection, seems she's already doing that by fattening up a little. Have you named her yet? Could you post a picture? maybe we can help you with a breed or a description of her colour etc.

It's great you've been to a vet, regular check ups are important, also is she neutered; I guess you have discussed all this with your vet. We are here to help you- chat away

from Nette, Pearla and Pandora. x

Catsey Junior

15-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #3

Hiya, she isn't neutered but will be booked in as soon as she's back to a good weight and healthy enough to cope with the surgery, but she wont be leaving the house, just hope she hasn't come across any stray males while she was straying :-\
and i havnet named her as of yet, the other thing is i have a Rottweiler but she is so docile its unreal, i held the dog and let the cat wonder in the room of her own free will, and it seemed to go ok, no hissing or growling so hopefully after a few more little introductions they will hopefully get along, however i would never leave them alone in same room while i wasn't there. I will upload a few pics and hopefully see what kind she is

thanx stacey

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #4

Hi Stacey welcome to Catsey...

Looking forward to reading more about your newly acquired kitty ....

Catsey Junior

15-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #5

heres a few pics, and thank you for the warm welcomes p.s any ideas for names would be good, am stuck

[IMG]
[/IMG][IMG]
[/IMG][IMG]
[/IMG]

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #6

welcome to the forum. she is gorgeous!! The first name that came to my head when I saw her was Sadie!!

Good luck with the introductions. I have just introduced a dog to my 2 cat owned home and after small, slow meetings they all get on fine. I dont leave them alone in the house though when we are out.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #7

She's a gorgeous tortie/tabby cat Stacey. As for a name I'd like something sweet like Sugar or Honey but maybe that's because I'm eating a biscuit right now, Cookie?

Catsey Junior

15-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #8

Thanx for replies, she is a very sweet cat her nature is very quiet and loving, she doesn't like noise much, and definitely doesn't like other cats, she doesn't mind the dog tho, i thought of a few names, for example saffie, missy, millie, i do like sadie too. How long wud it take for a cat to answer to a name? I know dogs pick it up very quickly but not sure on cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #9

i changed the names of both my cats as they were both rescue. My wee black boy was called casey jones, he was only 5month when we got him and i really didnt like the name. It didnt take him long, i kept shouting him and giving him treats when i said Harris (his new name) although he does still like to blank you when you call him!! Skye my tortie was called brandy and she was 13month when we got her. As she was in foster care before we picked her up, the foster carer started calling her Skye and she responded again fairly quickly to it.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #10

To be honest Stacey, I don't think they know their names but respond to your voice
Posh, was my stray, she passed away recently, was named for her being a persian that came in from the cold- very ladylike and aloof, but tender hearted. My other two, were both rescues who had different names at the fosterers but I changed them to suit their personalities and looks. I think names are given for our pleasure but they respond to our body language and tone of voice