Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #11

Re: Macedonia

Macedonia looks lovely! I may have to investigate it a little closer for a family holiday. Are they child-friendly there do you know?

As for the operation . . . wishing you both all the very best.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tabby
31-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #12

Yola, yes, very child friendly indeed. A safe country for any holiday-maker too. The lake is fine for paddling kiddies. Be very careful choosing a hotel. Ask me (lol!) 'cos I've done a lot of research and questioned a lot of tourists about their hotels.

Population 2 million, average unskilled salary 150 euros per month, skilled 300. No signs of real poverty though, no slums etc. They are all building their own homes and live in them in tribes: inlaws, brothers, sisters, kids. Most of the men work in Italy in the building trade and come home in the summer.

Try to avoid the Macedonian summer hols, when the hotels are packed and they even hire out beds on the beach! I went the second half of August, which was fine, and even caught the second week of the Ohrid Festival (lots of classical music in the open air and the theatre.)

Re the operation: see thread in health section, it's been postponed.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tabby
31-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #13

PS: if you want to see all the photos, send me an e-mail addy and I'll have Kodac send you an invitation to view my Ohrid page.