Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #1

saturday, sun,sun,sun

morning everyone, still glorious weather so far,i love it.
We went to a 40th party last night, had a lovely time.
Up with the larks car booting this morning, bought some new plants and various bits and pieces.
Off to a doll meeting in Manchester soon.
Hope you all have a lovely day too and Angie if you want rain, i hope you get some, i've done a rain dance for you,lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #2

Re: saturday, sun,sun,sun

Afternoon Shelley, thanks for the rain dance ..... it does look as if "something's brewing", OH has a golf lesson at 4.00 so I'm betting it will start chucking down around then! Give me time to get the washing in though, will you?

Pamela, what Shelley posted yesterday about the crate is spot-on. Both mine sleep in their crates. Monty was crate trained from a puppy and although he's never actually used it of his own accord, he is happy to go to bed at bedtime and (apart from around full moon) has never shown any reluctance. Dora, who was a bit older didn't like the crate at first but did settle after a while. She has a bone in the crate and we do hear her gnawing on that sometimes as she settles down. I am sure that getting an older dog used to the crate may be much more difficult. You could try putting it in a corner of a room that you are in, leaving the door open and covering the crate with a blanket, making it seem den-like and leave treats inside. See if he will go in there of his own accord. Good Luck.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #3

Washing's in and ............. IT'S RAINING!

Thanks, Shelley!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #4

afternoon shelley and angie.
Shelley, hope you enjoy the doll show
Angie, thanks for the info about the crate. at the moment its just an option we are looking at as we are now leaving him in the livibgroom at night now and the cats have the hall and the bedrooms.

we have been out shopping and looking at suites. We have also just bathed Barney as he was getting a bit smelly again!! Going to try and get stuck into the housework for the rest of the afternoon and maybe have a wee tipple whilst doing it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Washing's in and ............. IT'S RAINING!

Thanks, Shelley!
no problem, your welcome to it, Angie,lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #6

Shelley, hope you had fun at the doll show and nice buys at the car boot!

Filled a mini skip with all sorts of household rubbish and things that will never 'come in handy' so good job done; finished before the gathering dark clouds. It went very humid but no thunder just rain, and more rain.

Watched the Olympic Opening ceremony again tonight on BBC3, edited version, loved the Daniel Craig/ Her Maj skit - she has a wicked twinkle in her eye. Could appreciate it more this time around and the idea of the flame and cauldron is outstanding.

Hope all your cats and loved ones are good. xx Night Night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #7

Evening all.

Sorry been sleeping. Just well couple hours ago had steak and chips - gorgeous.
Its been raining here earlier we had a couple of claps of thunder and Bella had a bit of a jump and sadly one happened when she was out in the garden for a wee. However she has settled and been out for a walk in the rain.....no major thunder. However she is asleep now and has eaten her dinner.

We have been administering two Serene-UM tablets to her -since the last thunderstorm in the week as the weather forecast was thunder again this weekend. I am not sure if its that or the fact we know what's scares her now and working to reduce the impact but will be continuing the tablets. So far so very good.

Shelley hope you enjoyed the show...and got a bargain or twenty - I have noticed you do make the most of your days and put me to shame.
Angie you need to wash everything when the weather was good.....
Pamela the thing about crating/anything with a dog is you just need to be consistent - make a decision and stick with how it will go - routine and consistency.
Strange Barney is needing a bath again already? what are you feeding him? and have you seen the wipes you can get that clean them up.
P.P That's a job well done - good on you I meant to get a skip may do that next weekend. The loft is my nemesis - one shed is going that way too. That's a brilliant idea watching the opening ceremony again may do that myself.

A bit late but still my contribution to the day.