Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #1

Tuesday

Morning all! I hear there were some storms last night .... we didn't have them here although OH said he heard a rumble far away around 5 ish. We were hoping for some rain though, and none has come yet.

OH has gone off to play golf so I am animal minding. The dogs are crashed out after their walk and I must say that the little half muffin icecubes with kibble in them worked and Monty enjoyed his. Dora has no trouble with any ice cube and crunches them up with delight but Monty was not very interested until I put some fishy kibble in them! He has to have his treat on his own otherwise Dora would just steal it from him.

I see that poor Bella is upset by the storm but so far we don't know how Dora will react. We know that Monty will be afraid. Poor animals, they don't understand that it's only the angels moving the furniture around.

Have a good calm day if possible peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday

Afternoon Angie, and everyone.

Sorry about yesterday, contrary to popular belief I wasn't in the Lindo Wing helping Kate but had a sorting day at home and the computer was out of reach for me for most of the day. I did follow the Royal Baby news though. Good for them, I hope all went well and the experience was good.

I'm not an avid royal watcher but I agree with a monarchy as I'm a history lover and it gives the country continuity. I hope the child grows up to remain as grounded as possible and given that his parents are pretty 'normal' as royals go then I hope he continues to be a people person.

Didn't hear the thunder last night but it was raining at 5am and much cooler this morning. All to the good because I did my Step Out for Stroke walk this morning in Merthyr- about 3 miles- power walking around the lake at Cyfartha Park. Took me about 1 hour. Now to collect my sponsorship money.

Hope you are all having a rest and be thankful day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #3

evening all.
We had a bit of thunder and rain here early this morning Angie, still hot and sticky though.
PP i agree with you about the monarchy, for me the monarch goes along way to defining the age, i wouldn't be very interested in history without them. I think they make our country special.
We have watched history being made yesterday and will continue to do so.
Presently i am dressing a doll as a royal baby for a competition on sat. I can't sew, so it's a bit tongue in cheek.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #4

Evening all off to work now.
Great news about the Royal baby. I think he will be called Richard or John.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #5

evening everyone, its a clammy night here. Barney and i only just got in before it started pouring of rain again. The training last night went great, i had my reservations at the start as he uses a 10-20m lead and just drops it on the floor to let barney feel as if hes not on a lead. It worked but it let him get too close to another dog and they had a bit of a tussle which i didnt like. He did start coming back to his name though which was being reinforced by giving treats, We have noticed a difference with him on the lead today, i took him out and continued with the treat training and he was great. he also played with a bouncy black dog last night aswell during the training so all positive steps!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #6

Glad your training had some positive results, Pamela. Dora impressed me at training tonight, we had a mini-agility course outdoors and the training assistant offered to run Dora on the two timed circuits around the course. Dora ran off and had an attack of the zoomies, she was having a wonderful time. I called her name and she immediately came back to me. What a Good Girl! All in all, a good evening - she's in my good books tonight!