Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #1

Sleepy Sunday

Not long up and about, the sun is shinning and Eva is screaming to get out into the garden.
Taking Erin to Crathes Castle today, followed by some lazing in the sunshine before she has to catch her bus home this evening.
Many of you will be surprised to hear that not one drop of alcohol has passed our lips this weekend.
http://www.scotland-inverness.co.uk/...ne/CRATHES.HTM

Have a lovely day every one.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #2

Re: Sleepy Sunday

Morning Elaine, morning all..

It's a gorgeous day here, not a cloud in the sky, hope it continues for the rest of the holiday weekend.

Hope you and Erin enjoy your visit to Crathes Castle, Elaine......... it looks a lovely place. No alcohol? ........ what's happened?!

Nothing special planned for today except soaking up the sun in the garden this afternoon!

Hope your weather is good too, enjoy it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
24-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #3

Morning alll.
Its sunny here as well with some clouds lingering.

Im going to my fave chinese this afternoon, ive not been for a year!

My parents come back from Mallorca tonight.

Oh, I went round to my bfs last night and had a look at the stray cat we took in and omg the ticks are ALOT bigger... I cant look at him coz its my phobia (things grouped together) Its knocking me sick now just thinking about it!

Gonna ring the vets on tue and tell them about the ticks again. Its so annoying coz when we need to go to the vets its either a Sunday or a bank hoiliday... grrr.

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #4

A lovely, sunny, definitely a day of rest Sunday here.

Janey83 - I'm getting quite used to removing ticks from the dog now but I'm sure it's a bit trickier to do it with a stuggling cat! I got an O-Tom tick remover for a couple of quid at the vets (and petshops have them too), you just slot it in between skin and tick, twist and pull. I wouldn't be happy about leaving ticks in for any longer than necessary because of the diseases they can spread. Has the cat been Frontlined? if so then the ticks should fall off dead within 48 hours after attaching.

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Has the cat been Frontlined? if so then the ticks should fall off dead within 48 hours after attaching.

Yes, he was frontlined last sunday but they seem to have gone worse!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #6

Afternoon, all, a lovely day here also. Not as sunny as yesterday but pleasant and mild, 24C. Walked to the market as it is so nice, and they had bing cherries, first of the year ..... looking forward to them at lunch with some cheese; I really pig out on them when they're in season. And ..... see flower tresses appearing on the tomatoes!
My exciting life!!!

Janey, that's weird about the ticks, they should be gone by now; has he been outside at all to pickup some new ones? Elaine, hope the castle visit is fun, and why no booze ..... ? Hi to Erin.

Hope it's a good holiday tomorrow for all and the weather co-operates!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #7

Hi all - garden this morning then off to late lunch at little bistro, (spinach soup, warm garlic chicken salad, loads of warm bread and coffee.)

DOne some token hoovering and now in front of TV with coffee and catsey.

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #8

No DM he hasnt been out. Dont know where they are coming from... will phone the vets on tue.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #9

Phew, what a scorcher (as they say)!!

Took Dominik riding this morning . . . he was stirrup AND rein-free walking around the arena . . . this boy has no fear when it comes to riding Gee-Gee!

Then down to the allotment where my finally-arrived Globe Artichokes look a little pathetic and limp and my just-planted beetroot, fennel and sorrel are looking strong! OH put down the gravel path which looks to be the wrong type - I ordered the mixed colour one (brown, beige, orange and white) the one that's down looks decidedly pink and I don't like it. That and the 2 aborted deliveries means I'll be making a fuss come Tuesday

Lovely roast chicken dinner in the garden and now a few drops of wine before heading off to bed - too much sun today methinks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
24-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #10

Lovely day here, up early to walk little stray dog that was brought into the practice over the weekend, such a sweet girl but very mangy She seemed to be happy to be out at least. Was planning on doing some knitting outside in the sun but yesterday managed to give myself a needle-stick injury where the needle hit the bone of my thumb and it's too sore to do very much. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow and I can get on with my projects!
Imogen has had a lovely day sunbathing on the window sill- she loves this weather