Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #1

Worrysome Wednesday

Morning all, hope you are all well.
Had a very sleepless night, tossing and turning, mind racing. Yes, I have got something on my mind which is bothering me alot and will have to do something about it, somehow.
Other than that, me, G, the hammy and cats are all well and i cannt actually beleive how good I am finally becoming at this cooking malarky. Think its got alot to do with being out in the fresh air all day, am always starving when i get home and need some wholesome foods rather than chippy suppers etc.
Anyway, got a busy day ahead, so better get my ass into gear soon.
Be good every one and if you cannt be good make sure you are good at it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #2

Re: Worrysome Wednesday

hope you manage to sort out whatever it is Elaine xx

Nothing to report here, all very quiet for the time being. Just the way I like it lol.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #3

Morning Elaine, Alex and all...

The sun is shining this morning....woohoo! .......... it certainly makes everything look and feel different.

I have a hairdresser appointment this morning then shopping after.

Elaine, I hope you can sort out your 'worry' ....... try to switch off when you are on the road, there are some silly drivers out there..

Have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #4

Morning Elaine, alexgirl73 and Mags,

Beautiful day here, I have a days leave and am off to Stirling with OH. Hopefully I'll get treated to a nice lunch!!!!

Elaine, whatever it is, I hope you have a solution soon, nothing worse than tossing and turning over something. Talk to someone, if you can, and that might help.

Enjoy your day peeps.

Woo hoo - sunshine at last!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #5

Morning all. A dry day forecast, so allotment catching-up for me.

Elaine. Build a box in your mind. Take your worry and tell it that it is going in the box whilst you get on with your life. Tell it you'll take it out and play with it when you have the time and space. Put it in the box; close the lid, put the box in the deepest recess. Do your day, as normal. Take the worry out when you're relaxed tonight. Shuffle it round, think about it. If it doesn't get sorted put it back in the box before you go to bed. And so on, each day till it's resolved. x

Alex - just the kind of day I like!
Mags - a hair appointment and no rain; never works for me!
CM - hope you have a great lunch

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #6

Morning! Bright and warmish here but black clouds scuttling. I have a vicious sore throat and cold so am lemsipping. Will continue with lemon and honey until it's time for another lemsip!

Lots to get on with in the office; will dip in and out of Catsey during the day.

Elaine - my approach to problems is different. I will meet it head on and resolve it rather than worrying about it. The outcome is usually the same and it saves me weeks of uneccessary worry and stress. Whatever it is, I hope it sorts itself out soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #7

Morning all! Blue sky here, high cloud, dry. Not sure about the temperature yet! I am MIL sitting today, as OH is playing golf - how come he nearly always gets a dry day? He must be a good boy.

I had an interesting talk to a lady from Battersea this morning. OH registered rehoming interest with them a little while ago and at least they have phoned back. We talked about Kizzy - and their recommendation is that we don't take in another cat until she is fully established in her routines and going in and out etc. and they won't consider rehoming another cat until about 3 months! I wonder whether anyone has thoughts about this. I can see the sense in it, it just seems that the timescale seems a bit long and maybe it could be more of an individual cat thing. Anyway, the lady was very pleasant and I do like having pleasant conversations with people on the phone. Bit like the lady from PetPlan who was also pleasant and obviously a cat lover. Doesn't really take that much to please me!!!

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy your lunch CM - I did yesterday!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning all! Blue sky here, high cloud, dry. Not sure about the temperature yet! I am MIL sitting today, as OH is playing golf - how come he nearly always gets a dry day? He must be a good boy.

I had an interesting talk to a lady from Battersea this morning. OH registered rehoming interest with them a little while ago and at least they have phoned back. We talked about Kizzy - and their recommendation is that we don't take in another cat until she is fully established in her routines and going in and out etc. and they won't consider rehoming another cat until about 3 months! I wonder whether anyone has thoughts about this. I can see the sense in it, it just seems that the timescale seems a bit long and maybe it could be more of an individual cat thing. Anyway, the lady was very pleasant and I do like having pleasant conversations with people on the phone. Bit like the lady from PetPlan who was also pleasant and obviously a cat lover. Doesn't really take that much to please me!!!

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy your lunch CM - I did yesterday!

I think it's VERY MUCH and individual thing... there are some cats that would not take kindly to a new companion no matter how long you waited... and others who will get over it in a matter of days/week if not less!
I think from what you have posted about Kizzy in recent times she is VERY comfortable with you and im sure you will know when the time is right...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #9

I too thinks it's individual and think that, though they do/say it for understandable and very good reasons, the animal charities do tend to use catch-all rules, to cater for worst-case scenario. For instance, no rehomes to people living in x, no re-homes to people with children under 5, no rehomes to people who have full-time jobs etc. They just don't allow for those who will build a cat-pen, have perfectly behaved children or can make arrangements for care when they are out.
The 3 month rule seems to be a catch all too, to allow the most troubled of cats to chill and come round and consider a new friend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #10

A pleasant sort of day here. It's Wednesday so that means OH is out for a pub meeting with former colleagues who are also retired. I wonder what their conversations will be about on this occasion? They sit over their beer and ploughmans putting the world to rights (they're not doing very well are they?)

We're getting a bit downhearted over slugs in the garden, the poor old lupins are looking a bit slimed and nibbled for instance. We have beer traps down and although they were initially successful, we aren't catching many now, perhaps we have tee-total slugs!

Elaine - sympathy to you, I know exactly how debilitating a bad night's sleep is, hope you resolve whatever is on your mind.